General Non-Fiction posted November 3, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Why I don't write fast

Relevant Stories

by pbomar1115

Have you had days when you wanted to post a nice story? You couldn't for believing deep down in your gut Nah, that's not it. Wait before responding to this question? I do know we write what we want. That's why there is the language restriction selection before posting a story. My goal is to reach a broader readership. An idea that hasn’t been removed from judgment since the suggestion was made. In fact, it’s more of a mental reflect now—if there’s such a thing.

I was new to writing frequently but not new to the site. I made a certain mistake a few times of stories where they were viewed favorably. One gentle soul spoke out one day like that kid who told the king he was naked while the subjects admired his beautiful clothes, “Do you know, you can reach a broader readership if you changed that word?”

I thought. Hey,  I felt offended. How dare he tell me what to write. Coupled with, at the time, like an idiot, I said, “No, I will keep the word. If I took that word out the story, it would weaken it.”  Wrong!

To this day, I don’t remember who that nice guy was. Wished I did though. I think it has something to do with me blocking out all the negative input and gouging out on the positive. “Heck. I know I will improve my stories and writing.” I thought. Wrong again, Einstein!

The impertinence behind my thought process at the time was to make up for the misspent years of not knowing how to write. I was wrapped up in thinking that writing can be learned overnight, which is wrong. There are many people on the site picked it up early in life and stuck with it. They know it takes practice. But, I'm not crying over spilled milk. Quite frankly, I don't have the time for it and no one really cares either. However, I would like my stories to be relevant. That is what I'm working on now.



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pbomar1115 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
pbomar1115 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.