Spiritual Non-Fiction posted October 23, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
God's door will be closed one day, make sure you are inside.

God's Open Door

by Deniz22


Comments on Luke 13:23-27 (NKJV)

23 Then one said to Him, "Lord, are there few who are saved?"

And He said to them, 24 "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.


COMMENT: Reformed/Calvinistic teaching says people will try to enter, but will not be able to, because God predestined them for Hell. It's always best to put the Word of God above tradition, the church fathers and even the reformers and go straight to Jesus on this matter of salvation.



So pay attention to what Jesus actually said on this matter: First, in v24, He said to "STRIVE to enter in through the narrow gate". This flies in the face of Calvinism's awful error of irresistable grace being the deciding factor in salvation. We must believe, and we can believe. Even believing the wrong things proves our God given ability to make choices. Work at believing correctly.

And we must believe the right teaching in order to be saved. This narrow gate is belief in the Biblical Lord Jesus Christ who called Himself "the door". Entering into a forever love relationship with God happens by trusting Christ.

MORE SCRIPTURE:
25 When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open for us,' and He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know you, where you are from,' 26 then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.'

COMMENT: But some will not be able to enter...why? Scripture tells us...they waited too long! The door will be closed by God Himself one day. No wonder Jesus and every right thinking preacher of God urges people to be saved today!

MORE SCRIPTURE:
27 But He will say, 'I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.'

COMMENT: Jesus not "knowing" some people means they are not born-again and there simply is no substitute for the new birth. And it only happens here on earth before you die or it doesn't happen. The "workers of iniquity" are not just mere sinners; they are those who teach something other than simple faith in Christ as the way of salvation.

If Christ's words about this most important of all subjects causes you concern, it's supposed to, if you have not entered the door; faith in Jesus who died to remove your sin in God's sight.

Simply believe Jesus today and enter into eternal life right now.

Jesus said,"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life." John 5:24

So you see, contrary to much impassioned teaching, as soon as you enter the DOOR, according to Jesus own words, you HAVE eternal life, and will NOT COME INTO JUDGMENT! There is no condemnation ever again for the child of God.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.