Biographical Non-Fiction posted September 6, 2017 Chapters: 2 3 -4- 5... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Katlyn is trying to survive without him.

A chapter in the book Demons in My Head

Broken Hearts

by Mistydawn

The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.

Katelyn's world crumbled around her the day John left. Her will to live soon followed. She'd sleep most of the day, only getting up long enough to use the restroom, and get a sip of water. If Madeline is lucky and very persistent she might be able to convince Katelyn to eat a couple of bites. More times than not, the plates are shoved away.

"Get that crap out of here, Mom," Katelyn screams, plopping down on the bed.

"You need to eat a little something, Honey."

"Why should I? I don't have a reason to live now that John is gone."

"He'll be back."

"It's been nearly a month, Mom, a stinking month. He promised he'd be back, he promised me, he promised," she sobs, throwing the covers over her head.

"Starving yourself is not going to bring him back any faster."

Katelyn moves the covers away from her face. "He's not coming back for me, Mom, he's not, he's not. He's probably glad he got away when he did." She'd abandoned all hope that he'll return weeks ago.

"You know better than that, Katelyn."

"Do I, Mom, do I really? Look at me, Mother, look at me. Who'd want to put up with this?" she sobs.

"You're a beautiful young woman with a heart of gold and a lot to give."

"I'm a mental case, that's all I am, a screwed up mental case that no one will ever love. Why was I even born, Mother, why? Why can't I just be normal like everybody else? Oh, why can't I just be normal? I'd give anything to be like everyone else, anything," she bawls.

"It'll be alright, honey, I promise everything will be alright."

"How will it ever be alright again?"

***

Madeline is scraping off the untouched food in the trash as their last argument replays in her mind.

She can't go on like this, she just can't, but I don't know what else to do. She's already called Katelyn's doctor for advice.
 
~~~

"According to the law, she has the right to refuse."

"So she can starve herself to death and we can't do anything about it?" Madeline questions, pacing back and forth across the room.

"We can only intervene if she becomes a threat to herself or others."

"Well, I'm not going to sit idly by and watch her waste away. I can't, Liz, I just can't."

"Forcing her to do anything against her will is illegal," the doctor sternly warns.

"What about slipping medicine in her water?"

"Not only is that dangerous, it's also illegal and you can face some serious consequences if anyone finds out."

~~~

Madeline decides that any legal problem she may encounter will be worth it if it'll save her daughter's life.

Hearing her door open, Madeline grabs a fresh plate of food from the fridge. I have to get in there before Katelyn does, she concludes, trying not to spill as she hurries down the hall.

Madeline nervously situates herself on the bed waiting for the fireworks to begin. Katelyn's been in a volatile mood all day, so she can only assume this won't turn out well. I have to do this for Katelyn's sake. She glances towards the door. Ready or not, here we go. Madeline takes a deep breath, trying to prepare for their battle.

Seeing her mom sitting on the bed, Katelyn hesitatingly steps into her room. I don't have enough strength to fight her again, Katelyn thinks, slowly trudges towards her bed. "I've already told you I'm not eating, so you might as well give up."

"You're not going to lie in this bed and starve yourself to death if I can help it, Katelyn Rose."

"Why do you care, why does anyone care, for that matter?"

"I do care about you, Katelyn, I've always cared about your well-being."

"Since when, Mom?"

"Since you were conceived."

"Is that why you're so eager to get me out of the house?" she asks, crossing her arms in front of her.

"What makes you think that?"

"I overheard you and dad talking in his study."

"I don't know what you think you heard, but I don't want you to leave. In fact, I'd be thrilled if you decided to stay with me the rest of your life."

"Well, I'm still not eating." She tries to climb in bed, Madeline moves over. She tries the other side; Madeline lies down.

"I'm not moving until you take a few bites, Katelyn."

Katelyn tries to crawl in beside her, Madeline stretches across the bed.

"I'll stay here all night if I have to," she says, spreading out farther.

Realizing she's out of options, Katelyn gives in. "Fine, I'll take a bite." Grabbing the fork off the desk, she shoves food in her mouth. "Are you happy, now?" she asks, clanking the silverware against the plate.

"Take two more bites and then I'll leave you alone."

Grabbing the utensil, she scoops a few bites in her mouth.

"One more," Madeline coaxes.

"That was two, Mom."

"It won't hurt you to eat one more, will it?"

Katelyn picks up the fork again. "Fine, one more, but that's it." Shoveling another bite in her mouth, she turns towards the bed. "Now go," Katelyn grumbles, through a mouthful of food.

"Thank you."

"Whatever." Grabbing a pillow she throws it over her head.

"Sweet dreams, my love." See you at breakfast. Smiling, she steps out of the room. I think you got most of your medicines, Madeline concludes, walking down the steps.

***

Madeline is tidying the kitchen when Katelyn steps in the room.

"Good morning, Mom."

"Well, good morning. I was just about to bring you some breakfast."

"Don't bother, I'll eat it right here," she says, sitting down at the table.

"It looks delicious," she says, digging into the eggs.

Madeline watches as Katelyn finishes her plate. The medicines always have increased your appetite, she smiles.

"You look nice, today."

"Thanks."

"Are you going somewhere special?"

"I'm going to look for a job."

"You are?" she questions, surprised by the change in behavior.

"Yes, I figure it's about time for me to support myself. I am an adult now, and it's about time I start acting like one instead of moping around like some love-sick child." She glances at her watch. "I better go." Taking a sip of coffee, she rushes out the door.

"Good luck, sweetheart," Madeline yells.

"Thanks, Mom."

She was finishing Katelyn's dishes when Stan walks in the room.

"Why's Katie in such a hurry for?" he questions.

"That wasn't Katie that was Katelyn, she's going to look for a job."

My little talk did work.

 It wasn't a talk really, it was more of a lecture, him voicing disapproval of her behavior. He shamed her for putting her family through hell, saying she was being selfish, and childish. He then said he's giving her a week to either find a job or another place to live.

"It's about time she got off her ass, pulled her weight around here," he says, storming out the door. 

According to Stan, his precious Katie can do no wrong, whereas Katelyn couldn't do anything right. He'd praise Katie for every little thing while pushing Katelyn to the side. This has caused resentment between the girls and a lot of bloody battles.

***

Katelyn is reminded of John everywhere she looks. There are times when the memories become so overbearing she doesn't think she can stand it any longer. I can't give up I just can't. She tries to redirect her thoughts. No matter what she does, the flashbacks continue to surface. To make matters worse, the voices in her head have tormented her all day.

"You might as well give up, Katelyn," her voice whispers again. Ignoring the disturbance, she steps into the business.

"Can I help you?" a stuffy older gentleman questions as she steps up to the counter.

"Yes, I'd like to apply for your sales job please."

"I'm sorry miss, but that position has already been filled."

"No, it hasn't, he's just telling you that because he doesn't want to hire a mental case like you." The voice laughs.

"Do you have any job openings?" Katelyn asks.

"That was our last position."

"Liar, liar, pants on fire," the voices begin to chant. Shut up already.

"Thank you." She starts to walk away when the manager replies:

"Fill out this application and then we'll set a time for your interview."

Furious, Katelyn spins back around. She sees he's talking to a thin, busty blonde. She's wearing a short skimpy dress that leaves little to the imagination. Stepping up to the counter, Katelyn pushes the bimbo aside. "You want to see boobs, is that it?" Lifting up her shirt and bra she continues. "I have just as much as she does, only mine are real. Here, feel for yourself." She grabs his hand and places it on her breast, he quickly pulls away. 

"Not used to feeling the real thing?" She laughs.

"We're going to have to ask you to leave, Ma'am."

Katelyn sees two guards standing on either side of her.  She quickly pulls her shirt back down.

"Get this...this woman out of my sight," the man orders, tossing his nose in the air.

Grabbing her arms, the officers lead her towards the back.

"Let me go, let me go," she protests as she's being escorted across the store.

"Don't ever come in here again," the officer warns, shoving her out the door.

Regaining her balance, she spins around. "F you and your damn job," she yells, stomping her foot on the ground.

"You don't want to work for him, anyhow," a deep sultry voice says.

She sees a tall, strapping Latino man leaning against his motorcycle. He has long black hair; is as dark as a starless night. His alluring brown eyes with their lustful gaze makes her quiver. The white T-shirt stretches tightly across his chest with his large brawny arms crossed in front of him. Katelyn feels her knees weaken as she stares at the ravishing man.

"He's a real asshole, canned my sister last week for being a few minutes late." Seeing her start to tear up, he pulls her against him. "Don't cry, honey." 

Her heart melts when he wraps his arms around her. "He was my last hope," she whimpers.

"There'll be other jobs, I promise."

"I'll be living on the streets if I don't find a job soon," she sobs.

"You've had a hard day, huh?"

Katelyn shakes her head.

"I think you need a little pick me up," he says, handing her a joint.

She nervously looks around.

"No one comes back here."

"I don't smoke," she says, pushing his hand away.  When John found out she'd tried it, he came unglued, threatening to leave if she did it again.

"It'll make you feel better.."

I did like it, besides, John's not here anymore. "I guess it won't hurt." 

"Easy there, girl," He laughs, as she's coughing up a lung.

"You're right, I do feel better."

"How about we take this party back to my place?" He gently rubs his finger down her cheek the way John used to do.

Oh, how I miss that. She recalls how John's hand feels when he explores her naked body. The way his hot lips suck on her nipples, as he plunges deep inside her.

"Why don't you let old LB take you away from it all?" he whispers, nibbling her earlobe. His finger moves down her neck to her cleavage. "I can make all your pains go away." He smiles, pinching her hardened nipple. "It'll be pure bliss."  He moves his hand further south.

She feels the wetness between her legs as his fingers travel down her body.

Oh God, what am I doing? What about John?

"John is never coming back," the voice replies.

"You know you want to, baby." Putting her hand on his crotch, he moves it up and down. "Think about how that'd feel inside you."

She feels his magical fingers slip inside her panties. Moaning, she continues to stroke his manhood.

"What do you say, baby, want to take this someplace private?" he asks.

Her breath catches in her throat as he slides his fingers inside her.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mistydawn All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Mistydawn has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.