Spiritual Non-Fiction posted August 22, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
making sure we get all the message

Missing the Main Message

by Deniz22


Matthew 9:1-8

So He got into a boat, crossed over, and came to His own city.

2 Then behold, they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed.

When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, "Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you."


3 And at once some of the scribes said within themselves, "This Man blasphemes!"


4 But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, "Why do you think evil in your hearts?       

5 For which is easier, to say, 'Your sins are forgiven you,' or to say, 'Arise and walk'?

6 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins"--then He said to the paralytic, "Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house."

7 And he arose and departed to his house.

8 Now when the multitudes saw it, they marveled and glorified God, who had given such power to men.

COMMENT: Christ saw their faith (the paralytic man's as well as his aides) and said the sweetest words a sinner ever heard, 'your sins are forgiven you.'

His religious enemies asked, 'But who can forgive sins except God? Jesus is blaspheming!'

To prove He had the authority to forgive sins on earth (the only place sinners can ever be forgiven), He commanded the previously paralytic man to pick up his bed and walk.

His authority forgave the man and His power enabled him to walk for God. When we believers walk by the power of God, we demonstrate Christ's ability to save completely, not just from Hell, but from the influences of this present evil world.

The crowd missed one of the most important teachings in this incident. They marveled at the miracle and glorified God, but they missed the fact only Jesus can forgive sin.

Notice they believed God had given the power to forgive sin to men, but Jesus said, "But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins--"

Have you been forgiven by Christ? If not, why not? You don't have forever to flirt with God and earth is the only place to be forgiven.
Those going to Heaven are not depending on buying their tickets at the gate.

Everyone entering has already been paid for by Christ's blood and they have the receipt of the Holy Spirit in their hearts.

If you have been forgiven, do people see you carrying your burdens by the power of the Christ who forgave you, as the former paralytic did?

Not sure of your standing with God? Fearful it might not be adequate ? Read John 5:24 and be instructed and assured by the One who alone has the authority to forgive all your sins and then put His Spirit within you.

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.




John 8:24 (NKJV)

"Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."

If you are not sure you are invited to believe in Christ and be saved, understand His invitation is also a command.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.