Biographical Non-Fiction posted August 17, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Mental illness awareness (biographical)

Pharisaical or Christlike?

by patcelaw























 

 
Pharisaical or Christlike?

It was 1981 and my brain was misfiring as I had bi-polar disorder and I was saying things that were not making sense to those around me. Not being aware of what I was saying, apparently I kept talking. I had not slept for five days and I had what is known as a psychotic break from reality. I had been in Sunday School at my church and apparently I was talking and not making sense there as well.

After the church service that morning a lady who had been in Sunday School class with me, went to my pastor and told him that she had the gift of discerning spirits, and she discerned an evil spirit in me.

When she had told the pastor this, my pastor looked at her and said, "Do you see the door of the church?"

She stated she did, then the pastor looked sternly at her and said, "I want you to walk out that door, and never come through it again." Pastor told the woman that she did not discern an evil spirit in me, but what she was discerning was a spirit of illness.

This was the very day I began the most incredible journey of my life struggling with the illness receiving much counselling and medication to deal successfully with bi-polar disorder.

Was this woman being Christlike or was she being Pharisaical?
-Patricia Lawrence
8-17-17




In the year before this happened, I had gone sixteen miles out of my way to take this woman to a Bible study each week.
Over the years I have been hospitalized several times for the illness/ One of the last times, I had a doctor that greeted me the morning I left the hospital with the words, "Good morning, Sunshine. This is the reason I chose the vase of sunflowers as the art here.
So my nickname is Sunshine.
I no longer have to take medication for the disorder.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.