Romance Fiction posted July 11, 2017 Chapters: 1 2 -3- 4... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
...another part of Jenny and Ron's Story

A chapter in the book The Products of Love

First Date

by Mustang Patty




Background
'The Products of Love' is the story of Jenny and Ron. Their love affair started out so sweet, and then life stepped in and things got rocky. Can this deep connection ever be broken?
Their first date was nothing short of magical.  The whole evening was well planned and Ron treated Jenny with every respect.  Still, she was feeling uneasy.  During the week leading up to their date, she had put her ear to the ground of the shipyard gossip.  Word on the street was that Ron was a loner, girl chaser, and stand-offish.
 
Jenny had a difficult time matching her research with the man sitting across from her.  He was telling her about his latest project on one of the ships.  He took a napkin and sketched the delicate lines of the cabinet he was building and described the wood in loving terms.  She couldn't help but smile at his excitement over the project.
 
Candlelight from around the room bounced with the flickering on the walls.  Jenny was entranced with the beauty of the dining room.  The food was delicious and Ron had ordered just the right wine to go with the steaks.  She sipped the soothing grape, and contemplated the man in front of her.  She now knew he owned several of the little houses on his block, and he rented them out.  Additionally, he owned a small building where he housed his wood working tools.  He had done quite well for himself since he started working at the shipyard straight out of high school.
 
"Would you like to go for a walk after dinner?"
 
Breaking from her deep thoughts and contemplation, Jenny answered, "That would be lovely."
 
He paid the check and reached for her hand.  They walked out into the starlit night.  The breeze from the sound was gently blowing and the air felt wonderful.  The restaurant was on the edge of the water, and their footsteps took them down the dock.  Across the way were the lights of the shipyard.  It dominated the waterfront, and it seemed that you really couldn't get away from it.  It did look pretty from the Port Orchard side.
 
Pushing aside her doubts, Jenny looked up at the tall and lanky man at her side. The cologne he used was wonderful, and she loved to watch his hands.  Right now, her eyes were staring at his lips and wondering when or if he would try to kiss her.
 
Turned out, she didn't have to wait long.  He was staring at her, too.  When their eyes met, his wandered down to her lips, and he leaned in.  The kiss was long, deep, and very exciting. 
His kisses were like a sweet drug; she was helplessly hooked and totally taken to another plane.  She gripped the back of his neck to keep him from stopping the kiss, and they remained on the dock for quite some time.
 
When they came up for air, he whispered in her ear, "Do you want to go back to my place?"
 
She could only nod.  Her knees were weak and she felt like she was no longer in charge of herself.  She only knew she wanted to be closer to him.  He was the most beautiful and exciting man she'd ever known.  She wanted him with her entire being.
 
On the drive back to his house, she allowed her thoughts to run on a path to love.  She envisioned how they would date for a very short time.  They would run off to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, to be married and they would move into a beautiful house.  He would tell her to stop working once their first child was born.  They would be happy forever.
 
Laughing at herself, she waited for him to open her car door.  She looked at his tasteful little house and felt overwhelmed by his ability to get things done.  He was only three years older than she, and he had already accomplished so much.  He really was wonderful.  It would be great to spend a life with someone this stable and steady.
 
They went into his house, and the love affair of her life began.

to be continued...

 
 
 



Recognized


picture taken by the author of a house similar to Ron's according to Jenny.
I wrote this story based on a friend's recollections. I've known her for over thirty years and I was there at the beginning. Through the magic of the internet and free long distance, I've been able to hear the whole story.

With her permission, I've developed a story line based on what happened between her and her lover. The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the guilty.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.