General Poetry posted June 18, 2017 Chapters: Prologue -Prologue- 1... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Haiku Club Challenge #1 illness

A chapter in the book Haiku Club Challenges, Book II

haiku (sick tree reaches)

by Gypsy Blue Rose


 

sick tree reaches
for the last light of day--
clemency

 



 



Recognized


Haiku is a Japanese poetic form that consists of 17 syllables or less. It's usually about nature, brief, and insightful.

The Haiku Club is formed by a group of fanstory poets who meet to write, learn, and talk about haiku. We use a chatroom called 'Teamspeak3' where we can talk with each other. Joining is easy, just send me a private message and I'll let you know how.

 photo AnthologyFRT COVER_zpse8kcijg1.jpeg

We have many fun projects. The Haiku Challenges is one project. They are a way to generate more haiku on our site and have fun. All you have to do is click here to add your haiku to our multi-author book. I will post a challenge every Sunday and you have a week to write it. I will post the challenges at the Forum's Challenges Room. Look for HAIKU CLUB CHALLENGES.


Another Haiku Club project is publishing haiku anthologies on Amazon.

This anthology contains eighteen haiga and one hundred and fifty haiku from twenty-six contributing authors. All authors are members of the FanStory Haiku Club. FanStory is an online group of international writers.

The focus of this book is on "Nature". It features a variety of observations made by these writers and their insights into the meaning of those observations.

Authors have issued a weekly challenge and asked to write a haiku about a specific aspect of nature. The best of these haiku were selected for this book.

We are happy to announce that this book is now available on Amazon USA and Amazon Canada. It will be available on Amazon Europe soon. It is listed at the minimum markup that Amazon would allow. Any proceeds from this book will go to the FanStory Haiku Club to help defray the costs of the second book. No one on the haiku club board of directors or any other individual will make any profit on this book, even though we contributed over $400 to complete and publish it.

We hired a professional graphic artist to complete the layout of this book. It has full-color haiga. The overall presentation is flawless and very appealing. It is a book that all of FanStory can be proud of.

We will be starting on the second anthology sometime in September. If you want more information to join the haiku club, please send me a private message.

Thank you for reading,

Gypsy Blue Rose
FanStory Haiku Teacher
Haiku Society of America Member
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.