Letters and Diary Non-Fiction posted May 31, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Should I continue to write?

Reviews

by pbomar1115

I have a problem about the reviews, and I will reduce as many of the unpopular reviews by improving my writing if it's possible. Okay now, I started writing late as a result of the many misspent years of my youth. So my passion for learning, reading and writing came late. To say I've had mixed reviews about my writing is correct, yet when I review those same reviewers, I'm expected to be critical about their fine writing. Instead, in essence, their response is "Is that all you have for me," as if I were expected to destroy that artist craftsmanship, I read.

Hey, I know the different attitudes people have about their achievements, so I go along with their exercise in their new found maturity to display on the newbies in this writing camp.� 

By the way, I'm here to learn. If the writing suggestion includes adding your personal judgment then that's part of life. We live and learn.

The other problem I have about the reviews is really not a problem. Well, it can be half and half. One kind lady said the story I wrote was okay, but I used the guy's name too much. She was correct. But she did not like another character. I did not ask why. I thought seriously about changing the meat of my story, yet I did not. I kept telling myself "This is art and art improve on life."

Well, I could not help but think maybe I was downgrading women. The lady is several years my senior and her belief system is from another time. Also, her dismay about the character is probably popular with most women today as well.

Finally, the other half of the review the kind lady advised, "Vary your sentences. I would be more interested if you did."

Now, that did it. I said to myself. I really need to put more time off this site into practicing different sentence exercises, grammar uses, and other well-meaning bad reviews. So my goal is to continue to write. Who wouldn't? All the encouraging reviews demand it.�?� 



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pbomar1115 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
pbomar1115 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.