Romance Fiction posted May 29, 2017 Chapters:  ...27 28 -29- 30... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Jeremy talks with Anderson and Shana.

A chapter in the book Perennials of War

Chapter Neun part zwei

by barbara.wilkey




Background
Is Anderson a gallant knight? Can he recover Shana's family's stolen relics and heal the wounds of genocide?
ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

"Helen, did you make pancakes this morning?" Emily asked as she took Helen's hand.

"No, dear, but I'm sure I can find something you'll like."

Anderson watched them until they were out of sight. "Sorry, for the interruption. Where were we?" He sat.

"We were discussing why Kuznetsov would have Shana followed, but..." Jeremy paused. "Sir, before we go any further." He released a deep breath. "I know it's none of my business, but was that your daughter and maybe ex-wife?"

After Anderson nodded, Jeremy continued, "We've been called to their apartment on more than one occasion."

Anderson rose and slammed both hands on the desk. "Why?"

Shana and Romeo left the room.

TODAY'S POST:

Chapter 9 part 2

"I'm surprised you didn't know." Jeremy took a drink of tea, before he continued, "Her neighbors called because of the noise and it was in the early hours of the morning. When the police arrived they found drug
paraphernalia. Ms. Sharp claimed she knew nothing about it." He paused, looked away, and then added, "We suspect she's dealing."

Anderson plopped down and ran his hands though his hair. "I guess I'm not surprised." He scanned the room. "Are there any official reports I could request? I've filed for custody of Emily. I need to get her out of that house."

Jeremy searched his pockets.

Philip held out a pad and pen. "Is this what you're looking for?"

"Yes, thank you." Jeremy wrote down a few things before he handed it to Anderson. "Here, this might help. If you say you got it from me, I'll deny it."

"I'll get right on it." Anderson glanced toward Philip. "Call Isaiah and set up an appointment as soon as possible." He looked back at Jeremy. "He's my lawyer."

"Doreen Rollins is our contact at CPS. She might be able to help."

Philip quickly wrote down her name. "Thank you. Do you have a contact number?"

Jeremy thumbed through his wallet. "Here." He handed a card to Philip.

Anderson rubbed his forehead. "Back to the reason you're here." After sipping his tea, he asked, "Do you have any ideas how to get the painting to its rightful owners without anybody getting hurt?"

"Have you tried asking?" Jeremy tapped his hand on the chair's armrest. "I know it sounds silly, but Kuznetsov would then know you're only interested in the painting and nothing more."

"You know he has a point," offered Philip. "He may think we're interfering with his business."

"Later today I fly to DC. I should return by mid-afternoon tomorrow. I'll make the call then. Thank you for a simple answer that might work."

Jeremy stood. "I need to get going." He offered his hand. "Good to meet you and good luck with your upcoming custody battle. I hope I helped."

"I'm sure you did."

As Anderson and Philip walked Jeremy to the elevator, Jane ran up. "You can't leave without a hug."

"I wouldn't think of it. I knew you'd come a running."

After Jeremy left, Helen entered the den and asked, "Drew, since we've eaten all morning, what time would you like lunch?"

"Maybe in a few hours and make it light. I doubt anybody's too hungry."

Helen nodded and turned away. "I better check back with Emily. She's getting along great with Shana." She faced Anderson. "She asked Shana if she was that woman her mom complained about." She attempted to hide her smile.

"I'm sure you handled it with class." Anderson shook his head. "Did you make her pancakes?"

"What do you think?"

"You did. You're already spoiling her rotten."

She waved her hands above her head and continued walking. "Don't I always?" She paused and turned. "By the way, Romeo needs a bath. Emily shared her breakfast and got him syrupy." She laughed.

"How can one small child undo hours of training?" Anderson leaned back in his chair.

Philip grinned and then glanced over his notes. "Should I wait until tomorrow to call Isaiah?"

"I think in the morning should be fine. He won't be able to do anything today." Anderson hesitated. "If Patricia's using, that explains why she can't live within her alimony."

"You need to make sure you get Emily."

"I know." Anderson answered his ringing cell. "What?" He paused. "Send them up." He released a deep breath. "Today just gets better and better. There are two Jewish gentlemen outside of the building. They were being harassed by Kuznetsov's men when Jeff intervened. They want to talk with me."





Characters so far:

Shana Kohlberg -- a 25 year old high school English literature teacher -- she's trying to get her families painting back

Anderson Sharp -- often called Drew -- 31 years old -- works part-time on Wall Street -- a billionaire from Texas oil wells

Dmitry Bezrukov -- one of three Russian men in black suits

Jeff Burk -- takes care of Anderson's cars and important security details.

Helen -- Anderson's cook

Jane -- Anderson's housekeeper

Philip -- Anderson's butler -- close friend and confident

Ben -- Anderson's dog walker

Axel -- Anderson's lead German shepherd

Thor -- Anderson's second German shepherd

Romeo -- Anderson's third German shepherd

Aaron -- Shana's older brother

Ivan Kuznetsov -- formally Ivan Morozov, I accidently chose a real person, so I have changed it present day owner of the painting.

Patricia -- Anderson's ex-wife

Emily -- Anderson's five year old daughter

Isaiah Glassberg -- Anderson divorce/custody attorney.

Jeremy -- Jane's second-cousin twice removed, NYC undercover cop.

Hannah -- Shana's cousin, the same age. Married within the past year and just had a baby

Joshua Colton -- Art Museum's curator





Recognized


Thank you Google Images for a photo of a German Shepherd guarding pancakes. LOL I have only tomorrow left of this school year. YEAH!!!!!! Again, I have edited and edited this post and every time I find more and more mistakes. I've added to this post to enrich it more than once. I want to thank you for the generous support you give me. I truly appreciate it.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.