General Poetry posted May 25, 2017 Chapters:  ...36 37 -38- 39... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Traditional haiku

A chapter in the book 2017 JAPANESE POETRY

Haiku (Cold spell in May)

by Gypsy Blue Rose




cold spell in May
with gray sky and bobbing branches--
blind ignorance



 



Recognized


Haiku is a Japanese type of poetry characterised by 17 Japanese syllables, a reference to nature, expressed in present tense, brief, and insightful. In English the syllable count varies but it's usually short, long, short format. Sometimes the rules vary especially with contemporary haiku.

climate change
noun
a change in global or regional climate patterns, in particular a change apparent from the mid to late 20th century onwards and attributed largely to the increased levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide produced by the use of fossil fuels.

Today I was sitting outside in the cold when the last few days have been in the 90s.

My computer crashed and I am waiting for a new computer. I always take pride on attractive presentations but with my Kindle this is the best I can do.

Thank you for reading

Gypsy
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.