General Non-Fiction posted May 21, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Hard work pays off!

Proud Parents

by Thesis


For the last two years, we've watched our youngest daughter diligently attending classes in the evening, while holding a full time Paralegal position at a law firm. She worked from nine to six, then drove from Armonk NY to Drew University in Madison, NJ, attended classes, getting home for dinner at ten o'clock.

When it was time to begin her thesis, she transformed her bedroom into a war room, amassing numerous books, articles, post it notes, highlighters, her laptop, and printouts on all things related to her topic. I'm glad we have a wireless printer, or else that too would have been moved into her room. Cases of paper were devoured by the printer; too many drafts to remember were printed.

Through it all, she diligently worked, even when too tired to remain conscious for very long. I can remember reading and editing every version of her thesis. She was so into her topic that after she sent her draft, to her advisor, she received a request to only strengthen two areas, which took her a week to finish. Upon resubmission, she received an A, and within a week, my wife and I received an invitation to her Hooding Ceremony.

We were extremely proud of our daughter and were moved at the ceremony; by the way she accomplished her goal, and how she sacrificed social time to further her dreams.

The following morning we arrived at Drew in a torrential downpour, sat through the presentation of degrees, and congratulated her for all her hard work.

She is a truly dedicated student, who wants to teach at the College level. There is no doubt in my mind that she will achieve her goal.

While I know she wants to rest for a while, it won't be long before she sets her sights on her Ph.D.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Thesis All rights reserved.
Thesis has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.