General Fiction posted April 29, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
This is a fable in a series of stories for children.

The Picnic on North Sunnycrest Drive

by Marykelly

"He looks very sad," Hope said to Sofia and Luke. They sat on Luke's front steps petting the pig that had waddled up North Sunnycrest Drive.

"Are you sad, Pig?" asked Sofia. The pig shook his head back and forth.

"Maybe he's lost," suggested Luke.

"Are you lost, Pig?" asked Sofia. The pig shook his head back and forth.

"I bet he's hungry," decided Luke.

"Are you hungry, Pig?" asked Sofia. The pig nodded his head up and down.

"Let's have a picnic!" shouted Hope. She dashed next door to her house and ran back outside with a red and white checkered tablecloth.

"You mind the tablecloth while we get the food," Luke said to the pig. The pig nodded his head up and down as the children disappeared inside.

Luke, Hope, and Sofia rushed back outside with fried chicken, peanut butter sandwiches, jello, and lemonade.

"Let's eat," said Luke.

"We can't eat yet," said Hope. "We need spoons and cups."

As they started back inside, Luke looked over his shoulder at the pig, "You mind our picnic," he said. The pig nodded his head up and down.

The children came back out at the same time. They stared at the red and white checkered tablecloth. "Our food is gone!" shouted Luke. They couldn't miss the red jello all over the pig's face.

"Did you eat our picnic?" they shouted together.

"I'm a pig," he said with a smile. " I love food. I pigged out."

"Don't worry about it, Pig," said Luke. "You were just being yourself," and the children nodded their heads up and down.





The Enjoyment of Eating! writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
The enjoyment of eating! Yes, the contest entries can be about eating enjoyment, but they can also be about enjoyable times that happened while eating. Topic does not have to be addressed directly, but must be incorporated into piece. Readers should be able to laugh at the entries! Any type of submission, poetry, non-fiction, fiction, etc., is welcome. Works must be 300 words or less. Word count must be listed in author's notes.


This fable is 300 words in length. A fable teaches a lesson and the lesson in this case is, it's okay to be yourself. This is a fable in a series of stories that take place on North Sunnycrest Drive with Luke, Hope, and Sofia as the characters.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Marykelly All rights reserved.
Marykelly has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.