Humor Poetry posted May 1, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My FanStory Secret

It's Fun To Be Me

by Ogden


ALERT: Before reading, please enlarge your View to comfortable reading size. (See notes below)
Nobody, not even Tom, is aware of something about me I now will confess.
My secret, it's safe to say, is that I'm not like any other writer on FS.

I'm a normal domestic feline, and profoundly proud of that.
I humbly note there is nothing as perfect as being a cat.

Catching a mousie has always been my pleasure;
I parade it proudly, showing off my treasure.

At chasing birds I have less success (unless I come across one with a broken wing).
Playing the fool with a strand of string, somehow seems to me a really fun thing.

I hate to be laughed at when I lose composure, or I'm indiscrete,
But unlike dumb dogs and their masters, when I fall, I land on my feet.

The dipsy doggy knows, to mess with me would mean mutt calamity;
I am the alpha member in this mouse-free, one-cat family.

The satisfaction of manipulating a person into fawning over me,
Making clueless humans subservient, serve to reinforce my superiority.

Being smarter than homo sapiens makes me a very rapturous cat
I hope the dimwit dupes don't get educated enough to realize that.

Another secret I have longed to brag about since I was a wee kitten -
Still in a litter of kits, I knew, a plaintive 'mew' would make a mark smitten.

Yes, we cats are quite controlling; goldfish (tasty prey, by the way) in contrast, are not.
Our attributes are advantageous to having our way; we make the most of what we got.

Unlike anyone else's, a cat's behavior is not considered naughty,
when, in fact, the expectation of a cat is to be aloof and haughty.

I'm happy being haughty, and naughty, too; it's a complicated life I lead.
With all my mousing duties and other cat work, I still have to write and read.

After all, as some know, Don's prime occupation is penning strange poems and prose;
Admit it, in truth though, you have reservations concerning my human-side pose.



What Makes Me Happy writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a RHYMED poem, minimum three stanzas long, on what makes you happy. Any rhyme scheme, any style - from a sonnet to a quatrain. NO FREE VERSE.


NOTES
It was necessary to use the Basic Editor to avoid numerous A�????�???�??�?�¢??'s and A's in the poem's text, with the Advanced Editor. With the Basic, increasing the text size isn't possible without switching to Advanced, and all the A's and AA?AA's. Rats!
I hope you were able to read "It's Fun To Be Me" comfortably.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ogden All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Ogden has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.