Biographical Poetry posted April 25, 2017 Chapters:  ...8 9 -10- 11... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
my son was at a school shooting

A chapter in the book 2017 Poems

Cleveland School Shooting

by Gypsy Blue Rose



 
sheer sounds of terror in the schoolyard

gun

shots





 



9-1-1 Contest contest entry


My son was in a school shooting. I will never forget when my girlfriend told me that she heard it on the radio. My heart stopped for a second. I drove to the school as fast as I could but the police stopped me two blocks away due to a blockade. The school was under siege. I had to park and run the rest of the way. When I got there I was forced to wait for two hours to find out if my son was dead or alive. It was horrible. All the parents had to wait to be reunited with our children because five children were killed, and until their parents were informed, the school administrators wouldn't release the rest of the children. I don't know why they did it. It seems cruel.
 photo Children1-300x105_zps9bgeh8rx.jpg

The Stockton schoolyard shooting occurred on January 17, 1989, at Cleveland Elementary School at 20 East Fulton Street in Stockton, California, United States. The gunman, Patrick Purdy, who had a long criminal history, shot and killed five schoolchildren and wounded 32 others before committing suicide. His victims were predominantly Southeast Asian refugees. This particular shooting happened almost exactly 10 years after another school shooting in San Diego, which also happened to be at a school named Cleveland Elementary.

Michael Jackson came to the school to visit the kids and do a private concert. He also paid for the children's therapy. Michael was a good hearted man that love children.

 photo 97e1f731ef83fbd52a5a5e7da8c233dd_zpsqr6s6of9.jpg


There has been 200 schoolshootings in the USA since 2013.
the picture is a school mural, google images
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.