Commentary and Philosophy Script posted April 23, 2017 Chapters:  ...10 11 -12- 13... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Prose Potlatch Challenge-Miracles

A chapter in the book Scripts

A Tale of Two Miracle Workers

by michaelcahill



 
Act I
 
Fade in

 
It is cold as winter sets in. The cave of the Wolf's Tribe provides some shelter from the elements, but for the clan winter means death and starvation. It is a time before the discovery of fire. Fire is often found and used, but making fire is a skill unknown to man at the time.
 
A man dressed in clothing unknown and strange to them walks upon the scene. They are struck with fear and awe. He is from the distant future, 2017 to be exact, and carries a small overnight bag. He addresses the clan:

 
Carl Sanderson
Hey, what's up cave dudes? I'm like here to give you all a little boost in your development. I'm not God or anything, or even one of your Gods. Just a dude with a pocket ... erm, uh ... an overnight bag full of miracles for ya.
 
Gork
We not mean to displease. I leader. Take me. Clan not responsible. I am at blame.
 
Carl
Yeah, no worries there, pal. I'm a nice God-like dude. Just bringing some good stuff for ya, that's all.
 

Carl waves his hand in the air in what he feels might be a peaceful way and giggles a little bit. Gork smiles and nods to the clan.
 
Gork
He is friend. He smiles on us. He brings gift.
 
Carl
Yeah, that's the ticket.
 

Carl reaches into the bag and takes out a Bic lighter and some newspaper. The clan is amazed. He then grabs some sticks and branches. He places the sticks and branches over the paper and lights the paper. A nice campfire is blazing shortly. The clan is astonished. He then proceeds to teach them more practical ways to make fire, and other things to improve their lot. In the morning, he is gone.
 
Gork
Carl, the Miracle Man, is gone now, but he will always be remembered in every campfire.
 

Fade out

 

Act II
 

Fade in

 
It's 2017 and we are in a hospital in Tel Aviv, Israel. The Israeli's have been hit hard and the casualties are numerous, more than the available staff can handle. Bombs are continuing to pepper the landscape and they are nearby. A woman walks into the hospital. She appears to be dressed in lights of varying colours. The hospital staff is astonished and fearful. As she places a small box over each patient their screams of pain grow silent. Many of them sit up in their beds looking at limbs that were bleeding, now healed. She goes to the window and points the box outside. The sky fills with light and there is an eerie silence. The sound of bombs is no more. She addresses the people in the hospital:
 
Martha
I'm from the future, though there is no such thing. But that is how you'll understand it. I am here to assist you in your development.
 

A young woman in heavy bandages rises.
 
Woman
 
Where did she go? I am healed and the fighting has stopped. It's a miracle. I do not understand.
 

Fade out


 
The End



 






Prose Potlatch challenge:


It's spring, a week after Easter, a time of technological advances coming faster than we can keep up. I thought this would be a good week to write about Miracle. It can be about a miracle, what it takes to be a miracle, a miracle you want to happen in the future, or any other related topic. Write in whatever form you feel meets the needs of what you want to convey.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.