Romance Fiction posted April 23, 2017 Chapters:  ...23 24 -25- 26... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A little information from Jeff.

A chapter in the book Perennials of War

Chapter Acht part zwei

by barbara.wilkey




Background
Is Anderson a gallant knight? Can he recover Shana's family's stolen relics and heal the wounds of genocide?
ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

Philip answered his phone and after listening a few moments, he asked, "Drew, it's Jeff. Something has come up and can't meet at 10:00. He wants to know if he can meet with us now."

Anderson nodded and then said to Shana, "Maybe we'll get an answer in a few minutes." As Jane walked into the room he said, "Please let Helen know Jeff will be here for breakfast."


TODAY'S POST:

Chapter 8 part 2

After Jeff sat, Helen set a buffet-style breakfast table.

Anderson scanned it and smiled. "Helen, wonderful setting and on very short notice. Jeff, begin the line." He then motioned for Shana to follow.

As they filled their plates, Helen put dog food into three bowls. "There everybody should be happy." The three German Shepherds wagged their tails.

Anderson sat, took a bite of bacon, and watched the others enjoy the food before he asked, "Jeff, do you know anybody who has Intel about the Russian Mafia, mainly the Odessa Mafia or the Brothers' Circle?" He paused. "We know Morozov lives in Brighton Beach and the Odessa Mafia has their headquarters there."

Jeff set down his fork and used a napkin on his mouth. "You don't mince any words, do you? I'm guessing it was Morozov who had men waiting for Ms. Kohlberg to make an appearance. Am I right?" He glanced at her. "The next time you decide to go sightseeing, please give me a heads up. I could be busy and not notice you get off the elevator."

"I'm very sorry, and thank you for your help. I've learned my lesson." Shana focused on her plate.

"Until that incident, they only suspected Shana was here. That confirmed it. We don't know for fact but pretty sure it's Morozov's men hanging around. I doubt there'll be anymore incidences." Anderson eyed Shana as he sipped his coffee.

"I know a few people who might be able to answer your questions or who might know somebody who can. Give me a couple of days." Jeff took a bite of a biscuit and smiled. "Helen, you're the best cook I know. These melt in your mouth." He took another bite. "Drew, you better be careful. A fancy hotel might offer her a job."

Philip raised his fork. "I bet you can't get sausage gravy like this anywhere else in New York."

Helen blushed, and her eyes glowed. "I guess it's my country upbringing. Don't worry. I'd never leave here." She laughed. "I'm too old to start over."

"You're never too old." Anderson grinned. "But I'm glad you'd stay."

"I have a question." Shana silenced when everybody looked at her.

"Please go on. That's what we're here for," said Anderson.

"I've read that gangs have different tattoos. Did the men in the garage have them? Could that tell us which mafia group they belong to?" Shana fingered her fork.

"Good question." Jeff pointed to his left forearm. "The man I shot had a bull tatt right here. It usually means cruelty and rage or the one who makes ordered physical executions happen."

Jeff turned his arm over and pointed to an area slightly above the wrist. "The man who grabbed you and Thor and Axel guarded had a tatt of a laughing tiger here. In Russian they're called Oskals, or 'Big Grin'. These tatts indicate aggression or hostility toward authorities, especially the police. The tatts are pretty much the same in both gangs. Sorry, I can't give you additional information."

"Thank you." Shana chewed on her lower lip.

Jane watched. "Dear, you look like you have other questions. Now's the time to ask. Jeff's a wealth of knowledge."

"I don't have enough information to know even what to ask."

Jeff glanced at his ringing cell. "I need to take this. There's a problem or he wouldn't call." He stood. "Ms. Kohlberg, I'll be glad to answer any additional questions. I'd invite you to the parking garage, but it could be dangerous." He grinned. "So tell Philip to contact me and I'll be right up. Deal?"

"Thank you."

"I'm serious. Don't hesitate." Jeff nodded toward Anderson. "The helicopter will be here and ready to take off about 4:30." He adjusted his belt. "I need to jog off breakfast."

Anderson stood. "I think I may have to join you." He paused. "Thank you." He walked him to the door.

I wonder what they're talking so privately about. Shana petted Romeo's head.


Characters so far:

Shana Kohlberg -- a 25 year old high school English literature teacher -- she's trying to get her family's painting back

Anderson Sharp -- often called Drew -- 31 years old -- works part-time on Wall Street -- a billionaire from Texas oil wells

Dmitry Bezrukov -- one of three Russian men in black suits

Jeff Burk -- takes care of Anderson's cars

Helen -- Anderson's cook

Jane -- Anderson's housekeeper

Philip -- Anderson's butler -- close friend and confident

Ben -- Anderson's dog walker

Axel -- Anderson's lead German shepherd

Thor -- Anderson's second German shepherd

Romeo -- Anderson's third German shepherd

Aaron -- Shana's older brother

Ivan Morozov -- owner of the painting 'Winter-Traum' by Bruno Schmidt

Ivan Kuznetsov -- formally Ivan Morozov, I accidently chose a real person, so I have changed it.

Patricia -- Anderson's ex-wife

Emily -- Anderson's five year old daughter

Isaiah Glassberg -- Anderson divorce/custody attorney.

Jeremy -- Jane's second-cousin twice removed, NYC undercover cop.



Recognized


Thank you Google Images for a photo of a country breakfast. I guess I was hungry when I searched for artwork. LOL Thank you for the generous support you give me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.