Essay Non-Fiction posted March 23, 2017 Chapters:  ...54 55 -56- 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Democrat in The Donald's health camp?

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Architect Of Obamacare

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
So, a Democrat CAN work with The Donald and his Administration after all. And has been. Since November of 2016. His name is Doctor Ezekiel Emanuel. He is an oncologist, a bioethicist, and the Chairman of the University of Pennsylvania's Department of Medical Ethics and Health Policy. He is also one of the chief architects of the Affordable Care Act. His goal? To help the Republicans take apart Obamacare.

Emanual has been involved in three face-to-face conversations with The Donald on health policy. Vice President Mike Pence, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, Tom Price, who is the Secretary of Human Services, Senior Advisor Jared Kushner, and Gary Cohn, the National Economic Council Director, also attended the latest meeting between The Donald and Ezekiel Emanuel on the topic of health policy.

Press Secretary Sean Spicer confirmed the meeting occurred and stated, "The President also strongly believes that the health and wellbeing of the American people shouldn't always be a partisan issue."

Emanuel's role in these meetings presents a dramatic turnaround for the health policy expert who filled the position of top advisor on the subject to Barack Obama during the formulation of the Affordable Care Act from 2009 to 2011.

Emanuel is also well known for his 380-page book Reinventing American Health Care that was published in 2014 by the Perseus Books Group. In this book he penned, "Beginning in 2020 or so, the ACA will increasingly be seen as a world historical achievement, even more important for the United States than Social Security and Medicare have been."

Additionally, Emanuel has consistently maintained that the humongous Affordable Care Act needs to be improved. He believes specific areas that need expanding are containing health costs, improving the affordability of the ACA, expanding insurance coverage, and the inconsistent quality of healthcare delivery in the United States needs to be improved.

Perhaps if The Donald can garnish the proper personnel around him he can actually provide a much better product than the Affordable Care Act ever was. We Americans can only sit back, watch the battle over this legislation play out, and hope for the best.




If one Democrat can actually work with The Donald's Administration then why can't all of them to make the United States a much better place? -- bipartisan politics get in the way. That's why.










No matter what your thoughts and feeling about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.