Horror and Thriller Fiction posted March 20, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Communication Ceases

Unable To Speak

by Thesis


My girlfriend Nicole had disappeared. I drove to her apartment, walked up to the door and felt an unusual chill run through my body. I climbed the stairs to the 3rd Floor, heard an eerie low moaning sound, and saw something scurry down the hallway. It was dressed in black.

The building was very cool. Weird, since there was no air-conditioning. I was startled hearing a door slam. Turning, I saw another person in a black hooded robe, then two more, pointing up the stairs.

There were more at the top of the stairs. They were pointing to Nicole's apartment. Passing them, I felt the frigid aura emanating from their robes and for the first time noticed I could see my breath.

I walked to Nicole's door, suddenly aware that the robed figures were all now standing directly behind me. Nicole's door was ajar. I stood silently as the door abruptly swung open. My mouth dropped and I stood speechless as I saw Nicole's pleading eyes and heard a low mumble from her mouth, but realized she could not speak, since her mouth was sewn shut.

I was pushed inside, tied down, and watched Nicole cry, as they sewed my lips together too.



HOrror writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short flash fiction story between 100 to 200 words based on the themes specified in contest details.


199 words
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Thesis All rights reserved.
Thesis has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.