Humor Flash Fiction posted February 26, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A short story about me and dentists

Problems with my teeth, blunders.

by robina1978


I used to have very strong teeth, taking after my father. They were not easy cleaned, but not many holes. I could skip in between appointments.

But a few years ago this pattern changed. I had to see the dentist every week or every other week. One or two fillings fell out in a matter of days. As I earn less till July, and don't like weekly visits; I preferred the top ones to go out, and to get dentures in our own little village.

The practice is owned nowadays by two fat-faced, rich orthodontist. We were both told that I am free to go in the village, but then I can't go back to the dentists. They own a big building in a town nearby, extremely posh.

Both female dentists come from Spain, and are very young. I gather possibly cheap lave labour.
I already asked for a second opinion, but could not obtain one.

I tried several Specialist Hospitals, but they thought I was not a special case.

Then I went to one nearby that I knew from five years ago.

Both practices referred me to a cheek surgeon. They both wrote a letter.

I went a few weeks ago, and they found some bullous malformations. The top surgeon wanted to take photos, but the lens steamed up. Then a Polish surgeon took two biopsies.
Last week I received the result: too little tissue for a proper diagnosis, my luck- LOL. But last week they could not do the bigger biopsy, because of school holidays. A joke or just weird?

My general practitioner referred me to a Consultant Rheumatologist, as we all thought Sjogren syndrome. I saw him, he wanted blood tests, but did not think it was Sjogren.

He will give the result this week.

We will phone the cheek surgeon to get an appointment for this slice out if my palate.

This is partly based on my dry mouth, eyes, dry cough. The Rheumatologist could not see a dry mouth, neither do we.

Then to my utmost surprise the 'new' dentist chucked me out. I phoned him to try and speed up the cheek surgeon. This dentist said my physical and mental problems are so bad, he can't take me. He promised to send the papers he based his opinion on. I never received anything. I was terribly upset by the injustice.

Today I phoned my sister who has experienced similar problems with dentists. This gave me some kind of comfort.

My husband has a daughter in law who is a dentist: she also said fillings should not come out. The problem is she lives and works in England.

I find the best solution in the photo above.



Sudden Flash Fiction contest entry

Recognized


Many thanks to supergold for the great photo.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by supergold at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.