Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted February 21, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Senryu 2-7-4

Vanity

by michaelcahill

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
...   ...
...     ....        .......



Senryu--Human Foibles writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt

Write a senryu. You are not restricted to the standard 5-7-5 form or even three lines. DO use seventeen syllables or fewer.
You are free to present your piece as you see fit including whatever artwork, music, dancing bears etc. that occur to you.

Keep the subject matter in mind. Human foibles or shortcomings. These would be traits such as being a liar, having a huge ego, being greedy, vain, mean, uncaring, a bully, etc. Yes, use your imaginations.

Yep, ten bucks. That gives us something to split up that's worthwhile. First prize, ninety bucks. :))


Recognized




SENRYU

Definition: A senryu is a poem, structurally similar to haiku, that highlights the foibles of human nature, usually in a humorous or satiric way.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.