Biographical Non-Fiction posted February 14, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Another fun quiz

The Nitty Gritty a New Quiz

by Sasha

The Nitty Gritty
By Smurphgirlsasha

emptypage's INTRO: I've been watching people post these "getting to know you" type stories. They aren't really stories, though. I mean, sure, "what's your sign" is a good icebreaker for a twenty-one year old in a bar that you'd like to take home. Once.

So I thought, "Why don't we all answer some questions that might actually help us as writers?" If a question can make you think beyond your birthday, maybe it can help your psyche realize there's a story or two you still need to tell.

So.... Rules are the same. Cut and paste these questions, replacing my answers with your own. Be as truthful or as deceitful as you like. The point is to make your creative juices flow.


Me? I'm going with truth. But then I think I'll do the same thing with... creative white lies. Good luck! We hope you'll all play!
 
 
**~~**

1. Have you ever been arrested?

Yes, once for shoplifting (found not guilty) and twice for prostitution (both cases were thrown out of court).  Went to work undercover for the Seattle Vice and US Treasury Department, became a local hero and got to go on the Geraldo Rivera Show in New York City.

2. Have you ever broken the law?

Several times for drunk driving, fortunately I made it home without hurting myself or anyone else, I seldom drink any more and I no longer drive. See Number 1 for the rest.

3. Have you ever met a celebrity? Or more than one?

Yes, I met Elvis Presley when he was in Seattle making that terrible movie about the World's Fair. He stepped on my foot and said he was sorry then gave me a hug. I was coming home from school (in downtown Seattle) and came around a corner and ran into him.  He was SO gracious and ten times better looking than I expected.  He was smoking (yes he was smoking) a cigarette and when he put it out, I picked it up and put it in my purse.  I still have it in a plastic bag in my jewelry box.  I shook JFK's hand at a rally in Seattle. I met Lauren Bacall, Eli Wallach, and Geraldo Rivera in New York.  I also spoke to Elizabeth Taylor on the phone.


4. Have you ever bullied anyone?

 I have never bullied anyone, but I was severely bullied in grade and secondary school.

5. Have you ever been bullied?

See 4 for this one.  My sisters were the bullies in my family.

6. What is your biggest fear?

My biggest fear is never seeing my children or grandchildren again. I have no fear of dying, I never have.

7. Have you ever killed someone?

No, I have never killed anyone and currently have no plans to kill anyone despite occasionally wishing a few acquaintances would step in front of a fast moving bus.

8. What physical feat are you most proud of?

I am proud of surviving three bouts of breast cancer, 11 broken ribs, and a lifetime of chronic depression.

9. What is the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?

My most embarrassing moment was farting (twice) in front of my entire office. I sounded like a wounded buffalo giving birth to triplets.

10. (Finally, right??) What's a book title that best describes your personality?

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.



Recognized


I think I was a little more honest and a lot less silly with this quiz. I swear, Geraldo Rivera is 4' 3" tall. That is probably why you never see a photo of him standing next to anyone (anyone that is standing, that is).
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sasha All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Sasha has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.