Biographical Non-Fiction posted February 4, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I know what I did wrong, but I won't tell

The Sky is Falling

by Sasha


Yes, this is another Smurphy ramble, but it is going to be rough ride. Strap on your seatbelt, take a deep breath, and prepare yourself for a wild day. Every word of this is true, none of my well known exaggerations will be found in these humbling words. Okay, there may be one or two insignificant exaggerations. It wouldn’t be a ramble if I did not include a couple here and there.
 
Those of you that know what a Ramble is, can ignore the explanation, and move on to the Ramble. Those that don’t, I recommend you read the following to get the jest of what a Ramble is.
 
Here is a not so brief description of a Smurphy Ramble. A Ramble is just that, a ramble. Merriam Webster defines ‘ramble’ as talking or writing in a desultory or long-winded wandering fashion, excessively and/or in an incoherently or a meaninglessly and repetitious manner.  Please note, my rambles are often pointless, filled with worn out clichés and long winded sentences that occasionally lead nowhere, and more often than not, the topic is presented in random order—I sometimes start in the middle and then bounce to the end before actually getting to the beginning.   Occasionally, there is no beginning, middle or end.  Think of us as sitting at an outside café and I am doing all the talking.  Keeping this in mind, shall we begin?

 
* * * * * *
 
I am starting this at the end of a long, exhausting journey through the insane world of trying to resolve a serious problem with my account on FanStoy.
 
After at least ten hours of angry, frustrated, and insane emails to Tom (who by the way took FOREVER to respond to the first one) he finally acknowledged I had a problem. You’d think the guy had a job or something more important to do than resolve my meltdown.
 
After finally solving the problem, I sent him the following email:
 
I am sure you considered several times to shoot me today. If it helps, I considered shooting myself except, I don't own a gun. I want to thank you for putting up with my insanity (and I am sure it is insanity) with such graciousness and not once uttering a curse word. Sadly, I cannot admit the same. Everything is fixed. I will NEVER change anything again and am considering having all my passwords and screen names tattooed onto my left arm. I will KEEP all confirmation emails from FS forever and take more naps to prevent further slips in my mental capacity. Again, thank you so very much for your patience with me. I hope to not bother you for at least 12 months unless the sky is falling, which, unfortunately, as you know, it occasionally does in my world.

 
Tom responded with a gracious:
 
Welcome back. :)    Tom

 


 
Time for me to backtrack and fill in the gaps. I woke early yesterday, and after getting dressed, logged into FanStory. When I was instructed to click the box below my name, the page that came up was in a different name and contained none of my posts, pumps, and funny money. In big bold letters it told me I had to upgrade my account. But it was not time for me to renew my membership and I quickly logged out. I tried again. This time I was directed to a page that did have my posts but it was under a different name. It also requested that I upgrade my membership. I was confused. How could I possibly have two different accounts?
 
I recalled changing my email address several months ago because of problems with my email account. I ended up getting a new email and adding it to my FanStory account. I double checked my Paypal account and found that I was all paid up until February 22, 2017. So, no upgrade was necessary.
 
But the name on the account that contained all my posts was in the wrong name. I had changed it from Smurphgirlsasha to SmurphgirlPetrova.  The one with the correct name was completely empty.
 
Panic set in. I immediately contacted Tom, explained the problem, but after a few hours of silence, I contacted him again. After another hour of silence, my panic turned into a full-blown panic attack. Time for another email to Tom.
 
I lost track of how many times I contacted Tom. Eventually, I received a “We are looking into your problem” response. Still in a panic, I decided to contact a fellow member of FanStory. I explained in detail my problem and ended with, “I don’t expect you to solve this, and I just needed to blow off steam.”
 
She responded with a few suggestions, all of which I had already tried, but thanked her for her help.
 
I finally logged into both of my FanStory accounts and noticed that both Tom's and my FS friend’s email went to both accounts.
 
Finally, Tom responded asking me, “Can you tell us the email you used to sign up for your account?”
 
I remembered that I originally used the old email account that had been hacked, transferred to a new email that I added to my account, but it was also hacked. Eventually I cancelled the two hacked email accounts and created a third account. That had to be the one that was on the current account.
 
Tom responded with a polite, “No, we have no record of that email account. We need the one you used to create the account, then we can email you your password.”
 
I originally opened my account in 2008 and my memory of what happened in 2008 is vague, to say the least. Finally, I told him to try the first email I used, then the second, and also the third and last one, reminding him that he could not contact me at the first two because they no longer existed. He had to contact me at the new email which they obviously did not have on record. I suggested he send me the information at my new email with a question only I could answer, proving it was in fact my email.
 
He asked me to copy and paste the FanStory email I would have received when changing my password. I informed him I did not have that information and suggested he check his records for the email he sent me approving the change. Apparently they do not keep that information.
 
Eventually after heaven knows how many emails I sent, Tom finally did what I asked. He checked all my previous emails and found the one that my account was created with. He gave me the email, name of the account, and the password. He then told me to cancel my account and everything would be fine.
 
The problem I was having was I was getting all his emails on both of my FanStory accounts. I asked him which account I was supposed to cancel and he said, the one you are on now. Again, I was having another anxiety attack, fearing I was going to cancel the wrong account and end up with the one with nothing in it.
 
He assured me that wouldn’t happen so I logged onto the one with nothing, and followed his instructions and cancelled the account. Suddenly my other account showed all my posts, status, pumps and funny money. I immediately changed my password and shut off my computer and went out for dinner. Half way to the restaurant, I realiezed I was not hungry,  turned around and went back to my apartment.
 
Home, I sat down at my desk, turned on the computer, clicked on Fanstory. I sent Tom the email above, thanking him for graciously dealing with my meltdown. I was serious (okay, maybe not) about considering having all my passwords and screen names tattooed onto my left arm.  I cannot tell you how many times I have lost my little book with all my important information in it.
 
Tom replied to my apology with:

Welcome back. :)    Tom
 

I know a lot of people get pissed off at him. But when push came to shove, he came through for me this time.
 
Just a few updates before I end this. The building that took six-months to demolish was turned into a small parking lot. They spent two days clearing the debris, laid down a thin layer of cement and drew chalk lines to accommodate twelve cars. Just my opinion, but someone didn’t think this project through very well. They paid a lot of money for that prime piece of property and to turn it into a parking lot is just plain insane.
 
The meeeses problem (too long to explain to those that don’t know what meeeses are) has been resolved. I haven’t seen one in more than three weeks.  I continue to use cotton balls dipped in eucalyptus oil to be safe.
 
Last, but not least, no, Carlos has not purchased a phone yet. I am beginning to have serious doubts that he will get one in the near (or distant) future.
 
Remember, I will not be reviewing on Monday. I am having my surgery and plan to spend the day a full-fledged invalid. Carlos will be my on-call nurse and I plan to take full advantage of him. That didn’t come out right, did it?

The photo is of Carlos's cat.  It pretty much represents my attitude yesterday.

 



Recognized


I woke this morning and suddenly realized what I did to cause my computer to melt down yesterday. But if you think I am going to tell you, forget it. Many of you already think I am crazy and I certainly am not going to give you fodder to prove I really am. This is a secret I will take to my grave.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sasha All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Sasha has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.