Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted January 23, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
My heart breaks for what I am seeing.

An Older American View

by patcelaw

















Please hear me out.



Having watched the inauguration of our new president, I was pleased to witness well behaved fellow Americans, who want a better America. I heard a man take the oath of office with humility, while having his hand on two Bibles. The Lincoln Bible and his own Bible which was given to him by his mother when he was a young lad. I heard a man who seemingly is not totally comfortable giving speeches, give a speech from his heart. His speech contained messages of how things for our nation could be better.

In spite of his great wealth, I felt as though he better understands the plight of people like me, than all the slick lawyer class in Washington DC. You see, I am getting old and am a widow. I live alone in a home that my late husband and I worked many years to acquire.  I have many physical problems and soon will have to give up my home to be close to a daughter who wants to make sure her mother is safe with caring family to give her help.

Yet, on streets close to the capitol building where Donald Trump was being inaugurated, I saw people who were throwing temper tantrums. Burning cars, breaking store windows and carrying signs of hate and
discontent and using our Lord's name in vain. Why were they acting this way?  It appears that they do not value our nation and its greatness but, want to destroy it. Proving to me that our educational system has grossly failed our youth.

Then on Saturday January 21, I saw reports of many so-called women who were protesting.  Protesting for what I ask?  In my view, they were protesting for one thing only.  Their fear that under the new president they will lose the right to kill their own babies in the womb. As proof to that point, they disavowed women
who are pro-life from marching with them.  Here I saw in these women, hypocrisy most blatantly.

So in closing I say, friends, neighbors and fellow citizens, for the sake of our nation and for the sake of our children and for those who are yet to be born, that we behave in such a way the God can bless our nation and again make us like a shining light on a hill in a very troubled world.

I may well anger some people with this, but my feelings are conflicted. I have hope for my nation and that as a people we would all put aside those things that we disagree with and join hands and prayers to make our great nation great again.
-Patricia Lawrence
1-23-17



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.