Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted January 21, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Poetry Potlatch Challenge-Prose Poetry

Changing of the Guard

by michaelcahill


Figures in a fog. Swords and sticks and exploding things. Convictions and convincing hand in hand as mankind scurries along the woodwork of the landscape drawing lines and planting flags. Flags bear no fruit, nor do spore spring from them to surprise the soil of a barren undiscovered land.
 
Kingdoms are garish things, loud and without flourish. Beards reek of flowing grease and fermented grape. 

 

A dance behind sheer fabric dulls a warrior's mind. Muscle doesn't think.
 
Finally, the morning comes and mankind evolves. Voices trill in pleasant song. The loveliest girl in the world hands me a jar. "Would you open this for me, the lid is too tight?" She winks at a billion women who smile. I become a part of Shangri La.



 



Recognized


Wrote a prose poem about:

"I awoke in a world I dreamed of".

Let your imaginations take you in whatever direction it will. :))


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.