Mystery and Crime Script posted January 16, 2017 Chapters:  ...30 31 -32- 33... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Prose Potlatch Challenge-One Act Script

A chapter in the book Scripts

Moonlight on the Pier

by michaelcahill


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.



Fade in

The end of the Santa Monica pier.
It's 3 AM. All businesses are dark. There isn't a boat on the water. It's cold for California, fifty-two degrees.

Dissolve to two women leaning on the rail looking out over the water. They are talking. One woman barely moves, the other is overly animated, waving her arms, gesturing and moving wildly.

Nikki: A fortyish looking gal who is actually in her fifties, but where in her fifties is known only to her. She is alluring, black hair with shocks of grey, brown eyes-almost black.

Felecia: Late twenties, confirmed. A look of innocence easily discovered to be only a look. Short blue hair, at the moment. Unable to remain still or silent.
 
Felecia: So, here we are. And why am I wasting my time tonight?
 
Nikki: Is that what you're doing? What of any consequence would you be otherwise occupied with at three in the morning? I mean, look at the vastness of the ocean, the mystery of the universe laid out before us. You have something more interesting than that to occupy the wee hours of the morning? Watching Frank snore doesn't compare, does it? He does still snore, yes?
 
Felecia: Yes. He snores ... when I let him sleep.
 
Nikki puts her hand to her mouth as if to stifle a giggle.
 
Nikki: I declare, that sounds like an innuendo there, dear. Is that an innuendo? Playing naughty into the wee hours, are we?
 
Felecia: Still do the splits, Nikki? Frank told me. Very impressive for a woman of such advanced years. I can imagine that came in handy in the bedroom. It gives death raining down from above a whole new meaning. Did you play World War Two with him, sweetheart? Pretend my face is Hiroshima, perhaps? Sounds like such lethal fun.
 
Nikki: Not my fault he comes crying to me, sugarplum. Why just this past weekend he complained that he tired of playing hide the freight train with you. And your germaphobia is getting out of hand. He tells me he's surprised you haven't shaved your head. I think he stops by just to remind himself of what a woman looks like.
 
Felecia: I'm sure it's just flashbacks of his days in the Jungles of 'Nam, sloshing through the rice paddies and all. PTSD it's called ... you decide what the P stands for. Besides, I know exactly where he was last weekend. You're just trying to get my goat and rile me up. What would he want with an old crow like you when he can have young beauty half your age-- or younger, I'm guessing.
 
Nikki: Does this sound familiar: Honey, I'm snowed in here at LaGuardia. I'm going to have to catch a morning flight. I'll let you know my travel plans in the morning. Hugs ... love you. I'm bushed. Gotta get some ... bedtime in now. Yeah, he was bushed all right. Well, you wouldn't know about such things.
 
Felecia: That bastard! Of all the women on Earth, YOU! He's dead. I'm cutting it off and mailing it to you. Then maybe I'll meet you here again and you can go for a little swim.
 
Nikki: Oh, my, What a temper. I've taken care of all that sweetness. I have it right here in this little paper bag.
 
Nikki holds up paper bag in front of Felecia. It appears wet, but in the dark the liquid is a mystery.
 
Felecia: Wha ... what the hell is that? What have you done?
 
Nikki: Just what you said. Well, YOU have done it. You poor scorned thing. Strangled him in his sleep, chopped it off and then jumped off the pier and ended your life. You never should've taken my man, bitch. I'm fifty-nine by the way, no one alive but me and you know that fact. It's a big secret.
 
Nikki spills the contents of the bag onto the pier and pulls a gun from her coat.

Nikki: Frank tells me you can't swim ... pity.




 






I don't think this needs warnings, but in case others do ... there they are. :))

Whew! I'm clueless. I'm sure glad LIJ Red and Gloria took the challenge or I'd really be stuck. LOL


Tom has just announced a site contest with a 100-dollar cash prize. So, I thought we might want to focus on that as a good thing to channel our energies.
There are many ways to format, but I think the simple format offered in the contest is a good way for us to learn and a way for each other's pieces to have a familiar look to them.
You'll notice there isn't much competition in the script rankings here. Let's change that. Scripts are among the most lucrative areas of writing.
Today's topic is: WRITE A SCRIPT ON a seemingly friendly discussion between two people, preferably female. Really, they are bitter rivals, but they are pretending to be cordial. It can be any two people if you wish. . Use the example below as a guide.

 photo Scriptexample1_zpsezkoyqbq.png


 photo scriptexample2_zpsuxnrfcuk.png

You have plenty of time until the contest. You don't have to enter this or any challenge piece in the contest. I'm merely pointing it out since we're focusing on scripts. You MAY, however, use a challenge or practice piece as your contest entry at any time. :))
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.