General Non-Fiction posted January 10, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
This picture is a more recent one of our grandson, Greyson

The Bond Between Jonathon and Me

by Teri7


The bond between a mother and her child/children is very special, especially if she is the one who gave birth to the child. That doesn't mean that mothers of adopted children don't have a bond either, because they do. That is probably the only mother that child really knows.

I remember carrying Jonathon, my oldest son, when I was twenty two years old. I was so in love with the idea of being pregnant with my own little baby. I loved him so much and I was extremely happy he was inside me because I knew where he was at all times. I remember having many headaches and pain during that time also.

When we would go out to my mom's house to visit her and Uncle Paul I would slowly walk up the steps. It got harder and harder, but I wanted to spend time with my mother, who I loved! There was that special bond between us.

I remember my Uncle Paul saying, "T.C., you look like a pumpkin with legs!"

It was so funny because it was the truth! That is exactly what I looked and felt like as I was pregnant at that time.

Jonathon and I were very close as he was growing up. His dad didn't spend much time or money on him. I was more or less the bread winner back then. I worked for the Social Security Administration and my husband at the time was a brick layer.

Now back to my story - I am so very thankful even more so now because Jonathon and his wife our precious little grandson by the grace of God gave his our Greyson!

When I was so sick five to ten years ago, I didn't realize the love and prayers that were going up for me until lately.

Jonathon said to me, "Mom, I never really thought you would be able to keep Greyson. I wanted you to so bad so that you and Greyson would know each other and enjoy each other. I prayed so hard, but it didn't seem to be happening. Then all of a sudden look at you now mom and all the things you can do not only Greyson, but us and the whole family. Look at what you do to help the church like cleaning it on Saturdays with Tom and your singing and playing the piano again. You are like a new person!"

As Jonathon said that my mind begin to thank God for all He really has done for me and does each day of my life. I am thankful for all the loving and sincere prayers that went up to God for me at that time.

Sunday after the service I was approached by Tammy, which is the co-pastor's wife. She had tears in her eyes as she said, " I didn't want to say this in front of anyone, but it hurt me so bad when you didn't get to come to church. I missed you a lot. I missed your singing and piano playing and you being a friend. I prayed so hard as I asked God why this had to happen to you! It made me so sad when you were not there and I would ask Tom about you every Sunday.

As she told me this I needed to hear it. Sometimes we don't realize how much we are loved in this world. I do realize now that I have the love of God with me all the time, but being human we enjoy the love of our fellowman too.

I realize how amazing God really is in sickness with the MS and where he has brought me back from. Every day when I awaken He is the first thing on my mind. It used to be what all I would have to do and need to do, but now I realize that God is in control of my life.

This is why I write and sing about and to Him every chance I get. I can never make any man know the joy in my soul and heart today, but it's truly there!

If you are going through a rough patch in life; maybe due to sickness, financial or down in the dumps, just give God a chance as He wants you to hand your problems over to Him.

Remember to talk to Him and worship Him daily. I do know that in the Bible it says to pray without ceasing. Some people freak out thinking they have to go around on bended knees and praying out loud in front of people. That is not the case. To me it means to have a prayer on my heart at all times. We can be saying a prayer without anyone other than God knowing it. He does honor our talks with Him.

Just remember He is the creator of all things and that means you and I. When we look at our family members we love so much just thank God for His love for the way He designed our life.

Remember, God is no respector of persons. He loves each and everyone of us! Never give up hope and praying. Your miracle could be coming up. It's all in His timing, not ours. I suffered for over six years and still do some today so hang in there my friends.

What an amazing God we truly serve!


Written by: Teresa A. Shortess
Copyright@2017



Recognized


I put this picture of Greyson on here so you could see how big He is getting. I don't have a recent picture of Jonathon but am working on that too! God bless each of you that read this!
When you read my work just know I do have some troubles remembering things but I do try hard to do it right. That is not my main goal. I just want others to realize that God is real and what He does for us is so real too.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Teri7 All rights reserved.
Teri7 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.