General Fiction posted January 7, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The evil of cancer

Why Must Love Die

by prettybluebirds


Once more he could see her smile, the laughter in her eyes. The way she held him and teased him by plucking at the hair on his chest with her nimble fingers. She'd been so small and petite, an imp of a thing with an insatiable appetite for fun. Such a tiny slip of a woman.

He remembered how her jeans hugged the curves of her hips and molded to her slim waist. She moved with a delicate poise that complimented her sharp mind. Her straight nose and firm chin added to her beauty.

That was before she knew and the sadness filled her large eyes until it became second nature. Later, her brave smile could no longer hide the fact that her heart was breaking. When death lived inside her, she knew she had no strength to confront it. He held her hand until the very end when the evil called cancer stole the light from her eyes and the joy from his life.

Unbearable longing filled his mind. How could those memories bring so much pain after all this time? There were so many things he wanted to ask her and maybe God too. Mostly one word: Why?



200 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story of 200 words. not including the title. Any subject accepted. Must be exactly 200 words.


My brother was trying to tell me how he felt as he watched his wife die of cancer. This story came to mind. 200 words- word processor
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. prettybluebirds All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
prettybluebirds has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.