Writing Non-Fiction posted January 2, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
He makes these for many

Tom's Christmas Ornaments

by Teri7


This is a picture of an ornament that my husband, Tom, makes and gives to others. He learned to do this from his grandmother. In my eyes these ornaments are so beautiful for Christmas tree decoration.

He has made them as long as we have been married which will be thirty years on Valentines day. I can't go into detail explaining them, but he can. If anyone wants to know how to make them let me know and I will write the instructions down. He has tried and tried to teach me how, but as of this day I can't do them.

It's amazing since I can do many things, but not make these pretty decorations. I remember when I used to have to go to the Emergency Room he would be sitting there making these ornaments. Needless to say, many of the nurses; male and female, would approach him to see what he was doing. I know he has given out hundreds of these. They can be made from so many things. I saw him cut some of the circles out of left over wrapping paper, Wendy's sacks, McDonalds sacks and other types of papers. He also used cigarette paper, even though neither of us smoke. They made pretty shinny decorations.

We have been so busy lately baby sitting Greyson he doesn't have much time to do them, but still works on them occasionally. He has always made some for our my friends in different places in the states. His mother also makes these.

Just wanted you to see how talented my husband is. He can do so many more things, but to me this is very interesting.

Have a blessed day to all.

Written by: Teresa A. Shortess
Copyright@2017



Share Your Story contest entry

Recognized


He can make these in all colors to go on any type of tree. No, I am not trying to sell these as that is not what this is all about. As of this day he has never sold one, but always gave them away.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Teri7 All rights reserved.
Teri7 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.