Family Non-Fiction posted December 20, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Just thinking about the trip and you all.

Blessings to one and all

by Teri7


Today I sit here at my computer desk a little bit overwhelmed due to our leaving is two days away from today. Don't get me wrong, I am excited, but I will miss our seven cats while we are gone; I will miss seeing Greyson every day and his mommy and daddy. I will miss seeing my Tennessee family and friends too.

There is so much I will miss here in Tennessee, but there is so much in PA I am looking forward to seeing and experiencing. I will finally be able to give and get hugs from Timothy and Jeremy - our 28 year old twin sons. I will finally be able to hug my sweet little daughter in law that is married to Timothy. We text each other and she always says, "I love you mom!"

Then there is Jeremy, the other twin! He is our youngest son and so very sweet to be around. A big hug from him will cure anything that is wrong. Next there is Mom and Dad Shortess. These are Tom's parents and they are great. The whole, almost thirty years, we have been married they have bent over backwards to show us so much love and help us all the way through. Can't wait to get my hugs from them.

We will have great fellowship together by just being around each other; playing board games together, eating meals and snacking together.

Timothy told me last night about something Anne, his wife, had brought called Japanese banana treats. I can hardly wait to try them. Anne told me that the first thing he said to her when she got off the plane coming home from Thailand was did you get the banana treats?

I thought to myself they must be really good if he puts them over his sweet and beautiful wife.
I do hope there is a Christmas tree there. Sometimes they put one up before we get there and other times we have helped put up the Christmas tree.

Seeing that they are in their early eighties and the rest of us are younger maybe that is a job for the rest of us. I enjoy doing things like that.

I enjoy the quiet time I have there looking out the windows watching the snow fall on the houses around. I love looking at the beautiful decorations. Going to Bethlehem, PA is a real treat. Just when you read this whisper a little prayer for us on the road. It is a sixteen hour drive and I know it will be great and blessed. I know I have said this, but I truly will miss reading your works and reviewing them. I pray you all have a very blessed and Merry Christmas this year!



Written by: Teresa A. Shortess
Copyright@2016



Recognized


As you go about your everyday life please remember the reason for the season and let Him know how much you love and appreciate Him for all He has done and does every day of your life!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Teri7 All rights reserved.
Teri7 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.