General Fiction posted December 13, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a short story

Sarah's walk home

by judester

"You..come ...when.. I... call... you !" Each word was punctuated by a spank. Wincing as she walked past this frustrated mother and child, Sarah then passed a garden where a boy was trying to teach his dog to sit. In frustration, he pushed the dog away  and slammed the kitchen door. The puppy then calmly sat down.

Sarah continued on her way home. That crazy woman who lived in the yellow house threw clothes out her window, yelling madly, as her new boyfriend fumed in the driveway. 

Passing the park, two boys teased a young girl in tears, which made them tease her more.

Sarah slowly climbed the steps of her house. Slamming the door of her room, she grabbed her doll sitting on the shelf and threw her across the room.



Through the eyes of a child writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short story (100-500 words). The story must include a child's perspective of an object or situation. The story may be told from the viewpoint of the child, or an adult.


Thanks Linda for the perfect illustration.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.