Writing Non-Fiction posted December 10, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Farewell To FanStory

Crossroads

by Brett Matthew West


Sometimes when you reach a crossroads the decision can be tough. I wish I could say the same thing about leaving FanStory, but, the simple truth is I can not. Therefore, with this letter I will no longer be an active member of the FanStory Community.

While I have some issues with this site, I will not divulge them at this time. In reality, I believe most members do share similar thoughts. However, I will suffice it to say that my departure from FanStory is mainly based on two factors:

1 - I can no longer justify paying $120.00 annually to belong to any writing site. In my opinion that is much too much, especially when I can place my online musings elsewhere for free.

2 - By moving the very few writings I actually post on FanStory, along with other writings I display on another site, to one central location, I can better manage my online portfolio.

Therefore, I encourage any of you who would still enjoy reading my creations to follow me at nashvillefreelancer on wordpress.com. There are several FanStory friendships I would like to maintain.

Will I ever return to posting on FanStory? I do not believe in saying never, but, the prospects of that occurring are looking mighty slim at this moment.

Thanks for the two years of support you have provided me, and the responses I have received from you, particularly with my extremely popular Cody Schroder stories.

UPDATE: Cody is currently sitting in Hollywood at a studio that is considering a decision on whether or not to invest the money required for a movie project. So, you never know.

I leave you with the best advice I have ever been given as a Writer. One I pass on to other writers all the time:

ALWAYS WRITE FOR YOUR OWN ENJOYMENT!

Again, if you would like to still be able to read my online musings, I encourage you to follow me
at:

nashvillefreelancer on wordpress.com.

Brett Matthew West



Recognized


This is Evan, by Lilibug6, selected to compliment my Farewell Letter.

So, thanks Lilibug6, for the use of this incredible picture.

I also want to thank you for allowing me to use this picture for all my Cody Schroder stories. It helped provide a face to my stories.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Lilibug6 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.