Essay Non-Fiction posted December 8, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A short essay

I never believed in fate

by robina1978


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.

I will never forget the day and date: Friday the 13'th everything happened.

I drove to the hospital where I worked back then. I seem to remember there was a minor incident with the car on the way there.

But what happened next is something that nobody can believe. A patient committed suicide on closed-off ward. A female who hang herself in the toilet of her room. She must have felt so stuck in the situation. She'd been unfaithful, went home to say bye to husband and children, she could not find any way out but suicide.

I never believed in fate, till that day changed it all. I think you all understand this. Friday the 13th, is not for me, and never will be.

But the day and the misery was not over yet. My colleague and I always screened the whole ward to check if not more patients were suicidal. So we did. We found a rope or two and nobody had concrete plans at the time.

But the misery did not stop there, it was late at night, and I still had a patient sitting in the waiting room since early afternoon. That patient had then looked calm, but depressed. I went to the out patient clinic with my male Sister. By the time we arrived the patient stepped over all borders, became aggressive. First the male Sister floored him, and we gave a sedative through his trousers. So we were forced to send him compulsory to a nearby hospital. I had to write the papers for this, but had never done this before. So I forgot to let the mayor or his stand-in sign. We immediately got a phone call after his arrival in the other hospital, at least I could rectify this one.

By the time I arrived home, I was in tears. My husband had stayed up for me, as he always did. I told him all about the day. He comforted me, holding me close in his arms.




Courtesy to Google for the artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.