Romance Fiction posted November 13, 2016 Chapters: Prologue 1 -2- 3... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Shana meets Anderson.

A chapter in the book Perennials of War

Chapter One part Zwei

by barbara.wilkey




Background
Is Anderson a gallant knight? Can he recover Shana's family's stolen relics and heal the wounds of genocide?
ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

Just as Shana arrived at the street light it turned red. "Figures!" The people standing beside her glanced in her direction. She ignored the bystanders and watched the three men move closer. Why are they following me? I need to get away from them, but how? She noticed a black Jaguar convertible stopped at the light. He's wearing a suit and shiny cuff-links. He looks nice. Immediately, she reached in, unlocked the door, and sat down.

The driver gave her a once-over glance and smiled.

The light turned green. "Could you please hurry?" Shana's voice trembled as she noticed the three men running to the car.

TODAY'S POST:

Chapter 1 part 2

Anderson Sharp shifted his car into gear. "Right away, Ma'am." He heard Shana gulp. "Do you always jump into strange men's cars and order them to drive?"

"No." She released a deep breath. "Actually, this is the first."

At the next red light, Anderson said, "I figured you're new at this." He paused. "Does it have anything to do with those three men following you?"

Shana glanced over her right shoulder. "I don't know them, or why they'd follow me."

"But you think they are." He edged the car forward.

"I'm sure of it." Shana chewed her lower lip for a moment. "You know what? This was a bad idea." She reached for the door handle. "Thank you for the ride."

Before Shana could open the door, Anderson reached across and touched her hand. "You're safe with me. I'm guessing they want what's in the satchel you're clutching." After his eyes met hers, he asked, "Where can I drop you off?" When she didn't answer, he continued, "Better yet, let's go someplace and talk."

After maneuvering the New York City streets, Anderson pulled into a vacant parking lot and offered his hand. "Hello, my name is Anderson Sharp. My friends call me Drew. I'm glad to meet you."

Hesitant, Shana took his hand. "I'm on vacation."

"I hope you like our city, but you haven't told me your name. What should I call you?"

"Shana Kohlberg."

"Shana's a beautiful name. Where are you from?"

"Peoria, Illinois."

"You don't talk a lot, do you?" Anderson briefly turned away and then faced her. "I just want to help."

"You've done enough. Thank you. I can find my own way to the hotel from here." Shana started to exit the car.

"This neighborhood isn't safe, especially for a young lady. Let me take you to your hotel. What's the address?"

"If the neighborhood isn't safe, why did you park here?"

He grinned. "Good point. I didn't plan on being here long enough for anything to happen. Besides that, you'd have to walk through this neighborhood and some worse ones to get back to Fifth Avenue."

"Just take me to the corner where I got into your car. I can find my way from there."

The drive back to the corner was silent. At the corner, Anderson found a timed parking slot.

Shana opened her purse. "How much do I owe you?"

"You owe me nothing. I'm glad I could help." He refused to accept the few dollars.

Anderson got out, walked around the car, and opened the door for her. "If you need anything, call." He handed her his business card. "I'm serious about that."

"I'm sure I'll be fine, but thank you." Shana put his card inside the side pocket on her purse, stepped away from the car, and started walking in the direction of her hotel.

I don't have a good feeling about this. Anderson returned to the car and steered into the closest lane. This is one time I'm glad traffic's crawling. He continued following Shana until she came to a group of hotels. These are the cheap-end hotels. It's probably all she can afford.

As Anderson watched her enter a hotel's front door, he pulled into the first vacant parking spot.

Then he noticed she quickly backed out and ran down the sidewalk.

I wonder what that's about. He exited his car and followed. When he got close enough, he called, "Shana, wait!"

Shana glanced over her shoulder and ran faster. She bumped into a man and almost fell.

"Sorry, sir," Anderson said as he took Shana's arm. "You all right?"

"Why are you following me? Are you with them?" Tears streamed down her cheeks.

"I'm not with anybody. What happened? What scared you?"

She avoided eye contact.

"The men following you are waiting in the hotel lobby, aren't they?"





Recognized


Thank you Google Images for an image of a Star of David. I hope you enjoy this novel. As I posted I change sentences, I swear in every paragraph. Maybe that's an over estimation, but I'm not sure. LOL I appreciate all of your reviews and the help and support your give me. I am listing this under romance because it is a romance, but those of you who have followed me previously know my romances are more than just romance, this novel will have suspense as an underlying theme.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.