Fantasy Fiction posted October 14, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Whimsical Meeting - Read notes first, please

The Debate

by Cogitator

Moderator: "Welcome to our final presidential debate, Dr. Stein. As a courtesy, you will be first to give an opening statement."

Dr. Jill Stein: "Thank you for the invitation. It has been a difficult achievement, but I am pleased to present the mission statement of the Green Party to the American public. I think it essential for the voters to know what we aim to accomplish and give them an alternative that can not only benefit this country, but the entire planet. Our party has a clear and simple agenda of ten key points to achieve and maintain. They are:

1. Grassroots Democracy

All human beings must be allowed a say in decisions that affect their lives; no one should be subject to the will of another. We work to improve public participation in every aspect of government and seek to ensure that our public representatives are fully accountable to the people who elect them. We also work to create new types of political organizations that expand the process of participatory democracy by directly including citizens in decision-making.

2. Social Justice and Equal Opportunity

As a matter of right, all persons must have the opportunity to benefit equally from the resources afforded us by society and the environment. We must consciously confront in ourselves, our organizations, and society at large, any discrimination by race, class, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, religion, or physical or mental ability that denies fair treatment and equal justice under the law.

3. Ecological Wisdom

Human societies must function with the understanding that we are part of nature, not separate from nature. We must maintain an ecological balance and live within the ecological and resource limits of our communities and our planet. We support a sustainable society that utilizes resources in such a way that future generations will benefit and not suffer from the practices of our generation. To this end we must practice agriculture that replenishes the soil, move to an energy-efficient economy, and live in ways that respect the integrity of natural systems.


4. Non-Violence

It is essential that we develop effective alternatives to society's current patterns of violence. We will work to demilitarize and eliminate weapons of mass destruction, without being naive about the intentions of other governments. We recognize the need for self-defense and the defense of others who are in danger. We promote non-violent methods to oppose practices and policies with which we disagree, and will guide our actions toward lasting personal, community and global peace.

5. Decentralization

Centralization of wealth and power contributes to social and economic injustice, environmental destruction, and militarization. We seek a restructuring of social, political and economic institutions away from a system controlled by and mostly benefiting the powerful few, to a democratic, less bureaucratic system. Decision-making should, as much as possible, remain at the individual and local level, while assuring that civil rights are protected for all.

6. Community-Based Economics

We support redesigning our work structures to encourage employee ownership and workplace democracy. We support developing new economic activities and institutions that allow us to use technology in ways that are humane, freeing, ecological, and responsive and accountable to communities. We support establishing a form of basic economic security open to all. We call for moving beyond the narrow 'job ethic' to new definitions of 'work,' 'jobs' and 'income' in a cooperative and democratic economy. We support restructuring our patterns of income distribution to reflect the wealth created by those outside the formal monetary economy -- those who take responsibility for parenting, housekeeping, home gardens, community volunteer work, and the like. We support restricting the size and concentrated power of corporations without discouraging superior efficiency or technological innovation.

7. Feminism and Gender Equity

We have inherited a social system based on male domination of politics and economics. We call for the replacement of the cultural ethics of domination and control with cooperative ways of interacting that respect differences of opinion and gender. Human values such as gender equity, interpersonal responsibility, and honesty must be developed with moral conscience. We recognize that the processes for determining our decisions and actions are just as important as achieving the outcomes we want.

8. Respect for Diversity

We believe it is important to value cultural, ethnic, racial, sexual, religious and spiritual diversity, and to promote the development of respectful relationships across the human spectrum. We believe that the many diverse elements of society should be reflected in our organizations and decision-making bodies, and we support the leadership of people who have been traditionally closed out of leadership roles. We encourage respect for all life forms, and increased attention to the preservation of biodiversity.

9. Personal and Global Responsibility

We encourage individuals to act to improve their personal wellbeing and, at the same time, to enhance ecological balance and social harmony. We seek to join with people and organizations around the world to foster peace, economic justice, and the health of the planet.

10. Future Focus and Sustainability

Our actions and policies should be motivated by long-term goals. We seek to protect valuable natural resources, safely disposing of or 'unmaking' all waste we create, while developing a sustainable economics that does not depend on continual expansion for survival. We must counterbalance the drive for short-term profits by assuring that economic development, new technologies, and fiscal policies are responsible to future generations who will inherit the results of our actions. We must make the quality of all lives, rather than open-ended economic growth, the focus of future thinking and policy.

These goals are all achievable within our next generation and perhaps even faster. If we do not start on this common sense path, the next generation will have a very difficult journey to travel."

Moderator: "First response to the Republican candidate."

DT: "I don't get it."

Moderator: "Democratic candidate is next."

HC: "This agenda is very similar to my own, Dr. Stein. I can agree that they are noble and just goals. It is the methods we use to achieve them that may be in question. If we are to make the transition to a peaceful world, we cannot create chaos in the process. How do you propose we achieve these goals?"

Jill Stein: "It is our responsibility to empower the population by telling them the truth and allowing them to make rational decisions about their choices in living their lives. As of now, it appears that the two major parties create confusion and fear to shift voters from one side to the other. Those that voted for Bernie Sanders are ones that will adapt to change and they are the ones I am appealing to. I am also appealing to Bernie to join our movement. This group will become the example that can lead the masses to a peaceful world."

DT: "I don't get it."

HC: "Why do you think your party can achieve these goals any better than my own?"

Jill Stein: "We are not beholden to the Military/Industrial Complex and corrupt corporations, nor do we depend on the global financial consortium to achieve any of these goals. In fact, we will eventually strip these institutions of their destructive power and give control back to a democratic citizenry. Our founding fathers intended to inform and develop citizens so that intelligent decisions could be made. The current governments use secrecy, propaganda, misinformation and disinformation to keep people off-balance while they go about their World Domination agenda."

DT: "I don't get it."

Moderator: "Please expand your reasoning, Dr. Stein."

Jill Stein: "Eisenhower warned us of the military/industrial complex potentially running wild and that has happened. When John Kennedy was quoted as saying 'There is a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman and child and I plan to use this noble office to expose this plot,' he got his head blown off the following week. His brother and confidant was offed after he captured the Democratic nomination in California. He never even got out of the hotel to celebrate.

Although much good was accomplished under Lyndon Johnson, he chose not to run for reelection, primarily because of the Vietnam conflict. That left the door open for "Tricky Dick" Nixon to exercise his Fascist ways. He tried to cut funding for public television, ended the gold standard backing our currency so that the dollar could float on speculative waters, and resigned in disgrace for the Watergate scandal. His VP, Spiro Agnew had been pegged for corruption and resigned some time earlier. This left the country with its only non-elected president -- Gerald Ford.

Ford ran against Jimmy Carter and lost, probably because he had pardoned Nixon from prosecution. Carter was probably the last independent chief executive this country has seen. He was pictured by the media as weak, though. In a capitalistic, hedonistic and decadent milieu, the appearance of weakness has no chance."

DT: "I get that!"

Jill Stein: "Reagan was a laissez-faire president with no real impact on creating any meaningful policies. By now, the World Domination cabal was controlling most of the First World, including the United States government. That control continues as we speak. The illusion that our Constitution is still valid is a sad joke. The Rothschilds control the banking systems, the mega-corporations support the military/industrial complex to enrich the few while ignoring the many. Trillions of dollars and millions of lives are being wasted by the actions of Halliburton, Monsanto, Dow, Lockheed-Martin, and other defense contractors. Bayer recently acquired Monsanto to form a most unholy marriage. Bayer developed many products in Germany during WWII by using Jews in death camps as guinea pigs. Monsanto is famous not only for breaking all kinds of international laws by intimidating farmers to use their GMO seeds, but also for bestowing Agent Orange upon a helpless population during Vietnam, including our own young men."

HC: "Do you actually think the Green Party can change this scenario?"

Jill Stein: "Truth always exists, naked and solid. Whoever seeks it can have it. It is not the majority that will affect the change, rather it is those that serve the World Domination cabal. When those individuals come to realize they are being led as rats by the Pied Piper on a path to humanity's suicide, they will turn their efforts to cleaning up the planet and eliminate the cabal."

DT: "I don't get it."

Jill Stein: "The World Domination cabal has many similarities to the Third Reich. In fact, many characteristics of the Gestapo are popping up in some police forces in this country. Military hardware is being deployed to communities, probably because Halliburton got tired of blowing up good equipment to maintain the defense budget. Obama ordered the production of two billion rounds of ammunition, has refused to stop the unnecessary pipeline through the Dakotas, violating Native American rights, doing nothing to stop Shell from drilling in the Arctic, etc. Surveillance systems are in place to mirror the mind control of '1984.' False values, false beliefs and distractions abound. Bigotism, racism, sexism and other kinds of nasty isms are seen as normal by many."

DT: "Don't be knocking my voter base, Jill."

Jill: "I get it."



Recognized


There is a real reason for a third party to come to the forefront. The ten key values listed come directly from the Green Party website. It is time to spread the truth and start working together for the benefit of our descendants. The stranglehold media exercise on the American mind is the first shackle to break.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Cogitator All rights reserved.
Cogitator has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.