General Fiction posted September 25, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
If cartoons ruled the world...

Punch Them Flat

by Heather Knight

Choosing cartoon characters to fill government positions is a dream come true. I bet they would be a lot more mature and less self-serving than the majority of those who govern us nowadays.

As a European, I would have to get rid of Angela Merkel first... I would choose somebody sweeter and more understanding. The first cartoon that comes to mind for the job is Maleficent. I bet she would be more considerate when dealing with Mediterranean countries. And she's a lot classier than the German Chancellor.

Jokes apart, let me take care of my own country first. Spain is in dire need of a President. We are about to have our third election in one year! It has become some sort of a nightmare.

So who would I choose to rule us? Atom Ant sounds like a good candidate. He has superpowers and he's fast. Besides, he doesn't take up much space and that has to be an advantage. I'm not sure what for, but still...

Let me jump over the pond now. Come November, Americans are going to need some help. Maybe Bart Simpson would do as President. His IQ is adequate to run for office, or so it seems... Besides, he's a good-natured guy and he wouldn't hurt a fly.

Cinderella would make an excellent First Lady. She'd keep the White House spick and span and would take over Michelle's orchard.

The best bit about having cartoon politicians is that, if you are not happy with them, you can send them to the moon with a punch and not have to go to prison for it.

I'm warming up to the idea. I think I'll start preparing my own elections in Fantasyland. May the best toon win!



Political Humor contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.