Horror and Thriller Poetry posted September 25, 2016 Chapters:  ...10035 10036 -10037- 10038 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
To get you in the spirit, so to speak...

A chapter in the book ~Halloween Horrors ~

Hail, Halloween

by Dean Kuch

Hail, Halloween




 photo tumblr_ocuot79sMb1vxhojao1_5001_zpsi7n8ldlb.gif






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 

The moon is bright, friends fraught with fright, fiends frolic on the moors tonight;
basket cases in hostile places—frightened fools with funny faces.
Black banshees howl while werewolves growl, lookout, they too are on the prowl!
It’s best to rest, avoid all quests for beasts who’ll put you to the test.








 photo tumblr_n39vl2ys8I1s01qkyo1_5001_zpssjcasduw.gif




 

It’s Halloween, as sight unseen, gaunt ghosts crawl from the ground in reams.
To dance and prance on graves, perchance, they are not seeking sweet romance.
They crave your soul, swallow it whole, whilst ghoulish grins soon take their toll.
Headless corpses, skeletal horses— spurred on by dark unseen forces.








 photo tumblr_nvvgx1tzsT1sk8mfto1_5001_zpszc6r3ukv.gif








 
Vampire bats (what’s wrong with that?), witches wearing pointy hats.
That haunted house high on the hill, can we go there? (I hope we will!)
Cold creatures crawl in search of blood to terrorize your neighborhood.
It’s near, soon here, be clear, oh dear—I truly love this time of year!










 photo Haunted_house_aitd_zps6jmimuwu.gif





 

It’s Halloween, hail Halloween—victims run, veiled virgins scream
from monsters now who’re on the prowl, they catch ‘em, too, always...somehow.
But wait, what’s this, this bloody bliss, it’s make believe? Something’s amiss.
It's all a ruse, no danger—none! So spread the news, it's all for fun.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 photo tumblr_nti1na2zdc1rqyr6xo1_5001_zpswir9kgw5.gif
 
 



Recognized


Just a poem to get me (and hopefully everyone else) in the mood for the upcoming Halloween season...as if I needed a reason, heh-heh.
It also pays homage to two wonderfully talented performers who are no longer with us; singer Michael Jackson and the immortal Vincent Price. Both collaborated on the most successful, most watched short music video of all time, THRILLER. One line in my poem has been shamelessly borrowed (slightly) from them to pay tribute to their memories, respectively.

Thank you very much for reading, as always!
~Dean


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dean Kuch All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Dean Kuch has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.