Spiritual Non-Fiction posted July 28, 2016 Chapters:  ...18 19 -20- 21... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Only Believe

A chapter in the book Greyson

Prayer for Greyson

by Teri7


This morning I started out my day in prayer as I always try to do. As I was praying and asking the Lord for his help with my grandson, Greyson, it came to my heart what to do. I just laid there and mediated on it.

I know by reading the Bible that we can use olive oil to anoint if we are filled with the spirit of God. I wandered into the kitchen to find my husband, Tom. I politely asked him to take some olive oil with us to Greyson's today. He looked at me, but didn't say anything. As we were getting ready to leave the house I saw him bring it with him. I just looked up and said, "thank you Lord!"

When we reached Greyson's we went in and saw our son getting ready to leave for work. Greyson was so excited to see Mammaw and Pappap. He just kept on hugging me. Believe it or not, I had tears well up in my eyes just being excited that the Good Lord was working on something great for my little grandson. My son finally left and it was just me, Tom, Greyson and the Good Lord.

Tom and I went about taking care of Greyson as we usually do. Tom made breakfast as I kept Greyson occupied playing with his play doh and reading to him. After we cleared the table, Greyson and I went to the den and watched Bubble Guppies. I saw the time and I asked Tom to come into the den with us. He came in and I told him about the olive oil and what I was planning to do.

We joined hands around Greyson and I prayed for Greyson's little eyes and his speech.
Tom looked at me with tears in his eyes. I knew it was time. We all touched the oil and I said a prayer for Greyson. You might think that because there was no big bang or surprise right then that I was disappointed. That was not the case. As the day progressed I saw changes in my life with people I love so much being changed. My heart was so happy.

When I was talking with my son later on that afternoon he was telling me about him and Sha, his wife, spending time with Greyson on his words.

He said, "Mom, can you believe he said red?"

I said, "Jonathon, I can believe anything. That is great son!"

You see not only did Greyson say another word it caused my son and his wife to start prioritizing things with Greyson. They have always been good to him, but sometimes parents don't always want to put their children first. I can see this changing for the better now.

I know there will be many that don't understand this, but that is ok. I do know my Savior and I know that He loves me and He is always ready to help His children out. So if you are struggling today with any situations talk it over with Him and you will feel a lot better and see changes.

If you are reading this and reviewing it would you please say a prayer for my grandson and family. I do say prayers for my fan story friends.

May the Lord bless you all this evening!



Teresa A. Shortess



Recognized


God is so good all the time. I can't explain all the things He has done for me. Every day is a wonderful blessing to me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Teri7 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Teri7 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.