Mystery and Crime Fiction posted July 13, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Novel or Story Beginning

Lost At Sea and Found

by michaelcahill













 

Mark Falcon had seen the scene before him countless times. The pleasure yacht Laura's Cruiser, heading towards the dock normally wouldn't raise an eyebrow. The sight of Laura, his beautiful wife and soulmate, standing on the bow of the ship waving never grew old. He did love her, and being happy to see her could be called an understatement indeed. But, on this particular day, the sight of the pleasure yacht Laura's Cruiser, with the Lovely Laura standing on deck waving, bordered on the terrifying. The last time Mark had seen his beloved was four years ago, almost to the day, when she'd left on a little cruise, only to be lost at sea. The boat, Laura and all aboard were never found. He'd only recently begun to rebuild his life and move forward. Yes, the sight of Laura waving from the bow of that ship as though nothing had ever happened raised some interesting questions. He'd soon be asking them as the boat neared the dock.

“Do you know her?” Sunny Falcon spoke without suspicion in her voice as she approached her husband of two months.
 
Mark didn’t look back as he answered candidly. “It’s my wife. It’s my wife, Sunny.”
 
“But … but, she died, Honey, she died at sea … and …”
 
“Yeah, I know that. But, that is my boat, and that’s my wife. I don’t know what else to tell you.”


                                             --TO BE CONTINUED--
 



 



Recognized




This is a practice piece for our Prose Potlatch group. For the next two weeks we will be exploring story and novel beginnings in the Challenges Forum. Everyone is invited to join in, there's no fee! We'll be discussing and practicing and all of our postings will be reviewed hopefully in the best positive way. We are all sworn to niceness. LOL
Stop by and check us out. Guaranteed fun! mikey

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.