Spiritual Non-Fiction posted July 9, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
So thankful!

My Birthday and Life!

by Teri7

I had the best birthday ever! I was awakened by the Good Lord to a day of love and family. Tom, my husband, came walking into the bedroom with a few surprises for me. He gave me a book by Joyce Meyer that I had been wanting. It was a books on tape, so I have been listening to it every night. I do enjoy it. It's called "Beauty for Ashes". It is about her being abused and rising above it. Great stuff.


After he gave me what he had for me we proceeded on to babysit Greyson. It was a happy ride to Greyson's house. The scenery was even more beautiful than usual. I guess turning 60 wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I heard many of my favorite gospel songs on the radio as we were headed there. So naturally I was pumped up! Excited about life and the fact that I know Jesus!

We walked into the kitchen where Greyson was sitting at the table with his breakfast his dad had prepared for him. Of course, Greyson was turning his nose up at it, but Mammaw and Papap worked with him until he finally ate his breakfast. See, there is a trick to getting a two year old to eat!

After breakfast I sat down in the recliner and Tom told me to sit tight, he had another surprise for me. At this time, Greyson had climbed up in the chair with me and we were watching Curious George. It's such a warm and fuzzy feeling when I get to have him so close to me. I do know that I am truly blessed to be this close to my grandson.

My husband walked in with a box and handed it to me and then Greyson decided to try to open it, but we needed help from Tom. Keep in mind this is my box, but Greyson is really good at opening presents. I saw on the label it was from Tom's mom and dad in Bethlehem, PA. They have been my mom and dad for the whole time we have been married, which is 29 years. Greyson was a little slow for my taste as I am child like when it comes to presents. I always have been. We opened a puzzle word search book, a book about being vintage, some of her great homemade cookies, a picture of where I used to be and where I am today weight-wise and health wise. It made me wish I was visiting them now!
Next, he gave me a box that had a card in it from my youngest son, Jeremy. He gave me a book titled "Love Does". It is written by Bob Goff. Has really great stuff in it.

Then I got another card from Timothy and his wife, Anne. I opened it up and inside was a beautiful picture of the two of them! I always smile when I get to see new pictures of my family.

Greyson was still wanting more presents to open, but that was it as far as opening. We went on with the day and watched more of his type of things on T.V. We danced, laughed and had a great time. Greyson's dad got home from work. Jonathon and She had gotten me some great shampoo and conditioner I had wanted. They also gave me pictures of their vacation. It made me really happy.

Just so you all will know, my life is blessed! I used to get down and frustrated and angry, but I have learned to take life one day at a time and be thankful for all the Good Lord has given me and done for me. It has made a big difference in my life and the way I view things. Instead of complaining about the rainy day, I thank Him for the rain for our gardens, the flowers and just the earth He made. I now enjoy the rain. When you praise Him for everything you will see a change in You, not the other people. It feels so much better.

Blessings to you all!


Teresa A. Shortess
Copyright@2016




Recognized


Thank you Angel Heart for the great art work. Just so you all wont be confused my given name is Teresa and I have used Teri on here from the day I first started. That is my nick name. Use whatever name you want to. I answer to both!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Teri7 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Teri7 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.