Biographical Non-Fiction posted June 28, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Life is good

Living My Dream

by boxergirl




Hello to everyone,

I just wanted to touch base with you guys about what's going on in my world and to apologize for not reviewing some of your post. To say I've been a little busy would definitely be an understatement.

What have I been up to lately? I have joined a local chapter of the NSAI (Nashville Songwriters Association International) and have met some wonderful local songwriters, many who already have demo CD's they are pitching. We meet once a month to learn songwriting tips and share our lyrics with each other. Collaboration is encouraged as well. We also have access to the main chapter of NSAI in Nashville, TN, where we can get song evaluations and access to video lessons by established songwriters. It is the coolest thing ever and I am in songwriter heaven!

Another awesome thing about this local chapter is that we also meet the first Monday of every month at a local Irish pub called Khallil's. It is set up like the Bluebird in Nashville and local artist from around the state can sign up to perform their own songs. I was amazed at the level of talent.

Right now I'm staying super busy reworking the song lyrics "Regrets" that I posted on here previously. I've enhanced the lyrics and the melody, and it was well-received by the group. In fact, one of the singer/songwriters Casey Lee Penn asked if she could perform it at Khallil's. Of course, I said yes! By the way, I'm just a writer--that's one of the reasons I've always spared y'all the agony of listening to my lyrics. (Smile)

But I will soon fix that. I have a deal going with Jay Speight who runs Bottle Rockit
Productions, and he is going to make a demo for me with all the bells and whistles. When this is finished, I will be able to pitch my song AND share it with you guys on FanStory.

I know this has been a long post, but I wanted to share my excitement and also let you know I'm not quitting my favorite writing site. I may miss a review or two but I will continue to pop in as much as possible. Love you all!!









Recognized


Special thanks to all who have encouraged me to keep writing song lyrics--with a special nod to Gloria and Dawn! :-)

Also the picture is of my NSAI group at our last meeting.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. boxergirl All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
boxergirl has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.