Family Poetry posted May 27, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
This is about waiting for the baby to be born.

Baby Horton Hears Who

by Marykelly

You're having a grand child Contest Winner 
Baby Horton hears who?
his mommy's voice and heartbeat too,
her voice makes baby Horton sigh,
her heartbeat is his lullaby.

Baby Horton hears who?
his daddy's voice and love songs too,
his voice makes baby jump for joy,
his love songs rock that baby boy.

Baby Horton hears who?
his Nana waiting nine months too,
she can't wait to see his face
and hold that bundle of God's grace.


Writing Prompt
Most people describe happy moments simply. In reality, they are complicated. We cry at weddings. Why? Because we are happy for them. If we are older there is another reason. They picked the person who is going to help them through life. No life is uncomplicated. This person has to be the one who will love them through the difficult times, not just the celebration of the wedding. We so hope that the choice is right.
Now, we are becoming Grand Parents. What a joy. What a big step in life. Before the world became so mobile, our children lived down the street. Our grand children could walk to our house. Now we sometimes live thousands of miles from the grand children we want to know. We talk to them on face time and hope that they know who we are as they grow up and we see them a couple times a year. Write about yourself as a grand parent, whether you are nearby or far away, that little face that looks like a child you remember. Just write.

You're having a grand child
Contest Winner

Recognized


My daughter's married name is Horton so I couldn't help but be influenced by Dr. Seuss when I wrote this poem.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Marykelly All rights reserved.
Marykelly has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.