Horror and Thriller Flash Fiction posted May 17, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
100 Words Contest

A living Nightmare

by Ulla

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
She opened her eyes. Bathed in cold sweat, she felt the adrenaline coursing through her body. She was in the aftermath of a vicious nightmare.

The howling wind made the branches rub against the window, the moon-light casting eerie shadows into the room, her breathing now less erratic.

And then she heard it, the scraping on her front door.

Her eyes widened with fear. She searched for the mobile not daring to turn on the light.

Where was that bloody phone?

Splinters ... A muffled sound of dragging feet ... A shadow approached.

The very last sound was her own piercing scream.




100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.

Recognized


100 words exactly.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ulla All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Ulla has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.