Essay Non-Fiction posted February 25, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
How lives of many were changed.

Unshackled, Changed Lives

by patcelaw





















Each day, I listen to programs called Unshackled. Hearing many story dramas of lives that were changed, and the stories are always a blessing. Many of the subjects of these stories, think they have been so bad that there is no way God could love them. There are stories of people who were involved in drugs, sexually impurity, murder, rape, abortion and other things.

Hearing their stories of how God loved them, even when they were not aware of His love; makes me know all too well of the love God has for each of us. It's a blessing to know that we can never do anything so bad that God could not or would not love us. He is waiting for all of us to come to Him and in His love and mercy He will save us from our sins and give us the assurance that we, one day will have a home in Heaven with Him.

The Unshackled stories are a ministry of Pacific Garden Mission in Chicago, IL. The mission is the oldest mission to the homeless and downtrodden. It was established in 1877 and today feeds over 2,000 meals a day and provides safe and loving housing for those who need help.

In 1950 Pacific Garden Mission began to share the true testimonies of many. I have wept many times as I listened to lives that were changed and became lives that God could use to His glory.

I myself, have been one of the subjects of those lives that were changed by God. As I shared my story with the script writer of my story, I shed many tears. Yet, through the sharing of my life, there was some healing taking place, as I was having to honestly look at the life I had lived and am now living.

I would invite those reading this to check out the Unshackled programs at http://www.unshackled.org/ and listen to some of the stories of lives that have been changed, just as many of your lives may have been changed.

God will accept us no matter where we have been or what we may have done, if only we will ask Him to be our Lord and Savior.

*****************
Poem describing my emotions as I was writing my story for the script writer for the Unshackled drama.
 
Thank You God For Using Me

God said to me, "I will not let you go,
I have work I want you to do."
I said, "God, what talent do I have
To offer You that You could use?"

God said, "Child you are good with words
And with my help we can put them together."
I said, " Okay God, I understand you want
Me to write praises to You."

God said. " I also want you to share your life
As a testimony on a radio drama."
I said, "But God I don't remember
Much of my childhood which is required."

God said, "Child, trust me
And I will give you those memories."

I said, "Okay God, I know now what You
Are asking me to do."

So God said, " I need for you to do it now,
I will help you along the way."

So as I began to write the story,
And as the memories I began to recall,
Many times from my eyes,
Tears would form and fall.

Now God said, "Child, I am pleased,
You did as I asked You to do,
And My grace is going to
Flood you like a river."

And I said, "thank you God for seeing
Something in me You could use,
For taking a sinner like me,
To use for Your Glory
As You had me tell my story."


-Patricia Lawrence


 



Recognized


Just a bit about some of the people who became script writers for the Unshackled Radio Drama. They too had lives that were changed.

Eugenia Price was an atheist. Jack Odell was a recovering alcoholic. And Kennetha Gaebler, who worked in Hollywood as an animator and producer for Filmation Studios in the 1970s, where she contributed to shows like "Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids," had her own issues.
"I was smoking pot like everyone else out there, they think it makes them more creative," Kennetha Gaebler recalled. "But I got saved, and I knew what the Lord wanted me to do."
Kennetha was the script writer who told my own story and I love her like a sister.

My story can be found at this link Patricia Lawrence Oct. 2014 http://unshackled.org/listen_14.html

The photo is one taken as they were recording one of the many stories of changed lives.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.