General Non-Fiction posted February 9, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A short summary of the life of Joseph

PaPa Joseph

by Carolyn 'Deaton' Stephens


Did you know that Patriarch and Matriarch are root words for PaPa and MaMa?

The life of Joseph, as told in the book of Genesis is a story for the ages. Our children learn it in Bible classes. We know how his mother showed favoritism to him. We see how that can breed hatred for the favored sibling, in other brother's and sister's hearts. We know Joseph's father made him a 'coat of many colors.' We learn about jealousy and that his brothers were eaten up by it. As time transpired they planned to kill him, but instead sold him into Egyptian slavery.

We learn that Joseph found favor in the eyes of the Egyptian ruler and was entrusted to watch over his belongings. We learn that Joseph had high moral standards and displayed integrity. He is falsely accused by Potipher's wife and yet was exonerated of those charges.

As time goes by, we learn about the great famine in the land and how Joseph was reunited with his father and the brothers that betrayed him. The last chapter of Genesis reveals he lived to be 110 years old and held his grandchildren on his knee.

What a joyful and sweet ending for our beloved PaPa Joseph , the patriarch for all ages.


Carolyn Deaton Stephens



Recognized


You can read the entire story of Joseph's life in the book of Genesis, starting with chapter 30 through chapter 50. reference Old Testament Bible, KJV

Thanks to cleo85 for the perfect modern day PaPa..
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Carolyn 'Deaton' Stephens All rights reserved.
Carolyn 'Deaton' Stephens has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.