Spiritual Non-Fiction posted February 8, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Christ unlocks scripture

The Strange Promise of Jesus

by Deniz22


When Jesus saw Nathaniel approaching, he said of him, "Here truly is an Israelite in whom there is no deceit."

"How do you know me?" Nathaniel asked.

Jesus answered, "I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you."

Then Nathaniel declared, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel."

Jesus said, "You believe because I told you I saw you under the fig tree. You will see greater things than that."


He then added, "Very truly I tell you, you will see 'HEAVEN OPEN, AND THE ANGELS OF GOD ASCENDING AND DESCENDING' on the Son of Man." (John 1:47-51)

Notes:

1. Jesus first commended Nathaniel for being honest.

2. Then Nathaniel honestly believed what Jesus said about seeing him under a fig tree when he was unaware he was being observed.

3. Nathaniel then believed Jesus is the Son of God.

4. On the basis of his honesty and faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, Nathaniel was promised further insight into the scriptures. He would come to understand that the ladder Jacob saw in his dream (Genesis 28:10-17) actually represented Jesus Christ, who is the one mediator between man and God! (1 Timothy 2:5) (some Bible commentaries theorize Nathaniel may have been meditating on the story of Jacob while he sat under a fig tree)

What can we learn from this episode? The Bible is spiritually alive, written from the heart of the Holy Spirit. He is zealous for us to understand His Word though our Mediator/Savior, Jesus Christ.

The primary teachings are concerned with establishing in us who Jesus is, and then what His role is in God's agenda, for this world and beyond.

A key for us to understand the Word in its deeper portions is to enter through faith in Jesus, the Son of God, with an honest heart, ready to believe any and all of what God says in His Word. We can fully trust the One who loved us enough to die to save us from Hell forever.

For your further consideration, chapter 24 of Luke is a classic example of Jesus opening His Word to all who are His. Our lives are strengthened and enriched to serve Him more faithfully and effectually as these deeper truths become known to us. Let's not miss out! Jesus' promise to open scripture we will never know in any other way, is open to all of us today!



Recognized


Luke 24:25 He said to them, "How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?" 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.