Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted November 23, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
update from me

A Busy Life

by boxergirl


My, my, Father Time is zipping by at break-neck speed. Seems like I was just passing out Halloween candy; now Turkey Day is upon us and Christmas carols fill the air of local shopping centers.

But all is good. I have been so busy with "life" that I have neglected my writing and sometimes even my reviewing. I did finally get my first poetry book released. It is called "Skipping Rocks" by Karen Shofner. It can be found on Amazon.com. It is poetry that I have accumulated during my first two years on FanStory. I want to give a big shout out to Jax for pointing me in this direction and also to many others that have planted seeds of encouragement in their reviews.

I will share a bit about my day. Some rat-bastard tried to mess with my positivity today by stealing some get well cards that I had put in my mailbox. Apparently, the new thing is to drive around neighborhoods and look for mailboxes with the red flag up. I was quite perturbed but I decided not to let it get to me; instead, I chose to remember that earlier in the day a young man had helped put air in my tires, and when I tried to pay him, he said, "M'am, my dad would roll over in his grave if I took money for helping a lady out."

I am looking forward to spending time with family during the holidays, and I encourage you to remember those that might not have family or friends to be with during the holidays. Count your blessing and be on the lookout for the lonely and less fortunate.

I hope each of you have a very Happy Thanksgiving and maybe my muse will be rejuvenated by next year!

Hugs,
Karen 8-)

 



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. boxergirl All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
boxergirl has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.