General Fiction posted October 25, 2015 Chapters: 11 -13- 14... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I am sorry.

A chapter in the book Book for my Boys

Dear Fanstorian Friends

by Sandra Stoner-Mitchell


~~oO~~

Hi everyone. I have been trying to write something witty about my painful holiday, but can't. I am sorry I haven't managed to do much in the way of reviewing, I just can't keep my concentration at the moment. The pain in my knee has increased so much, I have been at screaming point sometimes. We spent most of our two-week holiday in the apartment, only going down to the restaurant to eat.

This isn't a cry for sympathy, I know a lot of you have and are going through worse, but my head is in a bit of a fog through the medication I am now on which makes it hard to review and write. (hence all the grammar errors!!)

My new knee operation is happening on the 9th November, and I am in a bit of a quandary about that too. I want it desperately, but having had the operation to replace my knee eighteen months ago, I am not full of confidence. For those of you who do not know the story, this is a brief explanation.

It was the morning of the op, (June 8th 2014) I was given a spinal injection, which kept me fully awake whilst my lower part from my hips to my toes, were 'paralyzed'. It was a bit nerve wracking to say the least. I heard everything, the saw, the hammer, the swearing... The knee was out, but they didn't have the new one to put in. I was then put out fully.

When I came round, it was five and a half hours from the beginning of my operation. It took them over two hours of phoning different hospitals to find a knee to fit me. I think they rushed the final part of my operation because my blood pressure had dropped dangerously low, and they needed to bring me round. I don't know much about that part, but I do know my knee has not been right ever since. At last, they are admitting something is really not right, and they are going to cut my knee open again and go in and hopefully fix it. I just hope they do it right this time.

So, my friends, please don't think I am ignoring all of you, I will try and review when I can, that is when my head is clear enough to read. As for writing, well, after reading the state of this, you will probably be pleased you aren't being subjected to anymore bad writing! LOL. xxxxx

~~oOo~~



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sandra Stoner-Mitchell All rights reserved.
Sandra Stoner-Mitchell has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.