General Fiction posted September 27, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Six must read story beginnings.

Story beginnings

by Neonewman

1. Heather sat cross legged in between the dirt row of her "specialty herbs" garden.
Aerating the soil, as she hummed Blue Moon. Heather has been continuously frowned upon by many of the locals, for a certain bud she grows.

2. I was eleven years old the first time the urge made its presence known.
It was faint, but there none-the-less. After a few months its presence was all consuming.

3. Mother slipped into labor aboard the family's catamaran, off Florida's east coast. Father fumbled for his cell but found no service. I wasn't due for weeks.
Something influenced my birth as we drifted into the bermuda triangle.

4. A cool, crisp morning. Perfect for a stroll. I slipped my shoes on, grabbed my coffee and was off. The squirrels played near the brook at the edge of our property. A delightful scene, until I noticed the body.

5. Chains were strapped across my chest, arms and legs when I awoke in damp darkness with only the sound of bats circling my body.
Terror engulfed my senses as it appeared I was in a cave.
I screamed!

6. He pushed a large scarred hand through the small window of the back door. He released the lock that barred his entrance. With a gentle push, the stranger found himself inside the Torres residence.
















Must Read Story Beginnings-RELOADED contest entry

Recognized


must read story beginnings-RELOADED contest.
There are six beginnings to stories here all under 40 words.
Not poetry, it's a contest prompt.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Neonewman All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Neonewman has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.