Song Lyrics Poetry posted September 24, 2015


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
His ways are not our ways.

Have you danced?

by royowen

Have you danced upon the mountains of the moon,
or waltzed with the flowers in the wild?
Have you ever scaled the chasms of the mind,
and unlocked all the secrets of the heart?

Have you journeyed to the well-spring of the sea,
or walked in the valleys of the deep?
Have you ever put a harness on the wind,
and rode on the storm across the sky?

(Chorus) For I'll fly away on the wings of the wind.
I will soar with the eagles in a place beyond time.
And I'll talk with the angels in eternity's realm.
Rest with The Lord, at his breast, I'll recline.

Could you ever count the raindrops in a cloud,
or number grains of sand upon a beach?
Have you walked with God, and gazed upon His face?
If you have you know God's mind and all His ways.
R.Owen 12/5/1994






Recognized


This is a song I wrote and recorded more than 20 years ago, I suppose it's lyrics could be described as blank verse poem.
There is only one living Man who has gazed upon God's face and lived, Jesus Christ, who is God, and the living and written Word, and yet is a member of the triune God, The third being the Holy Spirit.
God is a mystery to the human mind, we can neither understand, nor apprehend the thoughts and ways of God. Christ is the only clue to understanding how God regards man, God loves man with an indescribable love, that transcends understanding! John 3:16.
John 1:12 "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the Word was God. NIV
Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says The Lord, for as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. NIV
John 14:9 "Jesus said to him, " Have I been with you all this time Philip, and you still do not know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'show us the Father'?
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. royowen All rights reserved.
royowen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.