Spiritual Non-Fiction posted August 28, 2015


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Not your ordinary practical

Practical Christianity

by Deniz22


"Have you understood all these things?" Jesus asked.

"Yes," they replied.

He said to them, "Therefore every teacher of the law who has become a disciple in the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old." Matthew 13:51, 52



Jesus had just finished teaching the difficult Kingdom parables to His disciples when He asked this question. As the best Teacher ever, He sought to make sure His learners really learned. After being assured His disciples understood, He added a significant truth which can help us today in our spiritual growth.

Christ likened Biblical truths to treasures, both old and new, stored up in a believer's heart. Storing them up, shows how valuable God's Word is to us. In our hearts, suggests our love for them. The term "new" suggests we are adding to them constantly as we mine God's word daily.

And all of this happens so we can "bring them out". We can "bring them out" at night as we meditate on our beds, like the Psalm 1 man.

We can "bring them out" to reinforce our weak prayer lives.

We can "bring them out" when we study God's Word, adding seamlessly to what we already know through the Spirit's revelation in the Word.

Finally, we can "bring them out" in evangelizing those who are lost and building up other believers in their most holy faith.

Having received the Son of God as our Savior, we have been given access to the treasury of God's Word.

Let us add to our personal storehouse and revel in His riches given to us...so we can "bring them out"!
.





Christians are a Heavenly people who are motivated on earth by the Spirit of God using the Word of God. Knowing and loving the Word of God is our first privilege and obligation.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.